|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon you might ought'a mosey on down the road if you don't want to read any plot details.
To view the mission tree, see:
- Main article: Missions in Redemption/Tree
John finds Irish having his head dunked in a horse trough by two men intent on killing him. After he has killed the two men, John asks Irish if he might know the location of a Gatling Gun needed to assault Fort Mercer. When Irish responds that he knows the location, they travel to a shack, where Irish disappears at the sight of guards.
Before this mission becomes available, the player must complete:
To complete this mission, the player must:
- Save Irish from Welsh and French.
- Accompany Irish to Lake Don Julio.
- Kill the bandits at the lakeside cabin.
- Search the cabin for the Gatling Gun.
After the cutscene ends, both French and Welsh will become hostile and must be killed. Be careful as Welsh has a knife. One strategy is to quickly switch to Dead Eye mode to kill them both; another is to wait for them to charge you, which affords an immediate opportunity to perform an execution or two. Once they are dead, another cutscene will be triggered where Irish explains that he knows where to find a Gatling gun. After that, the player must follow Irish to the cliff where yet another scene will be triggered. When it's done, the player will need to fight their way to the house, where there will be six enemies. They are easily finished off through use of cover and the Dead Eye ability. Once at the house the player needs to be careful as an enemy will come out wielding a Double-barreled Shotgun that might finish off an unaware player. After that, all the player needs to do is walk into the house to complete the level.
- Main article: A Frenchman, a Welshman and an Irishman/dialogues
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assaults, kills or abandons Irish.
- Kills Irish's horse.
- Breaks the law.
- Kills a dog.
- Commits vandalism.
- Assaults or kills townsfolk.
Mission Complete UnlockablesEdit
- Double-barreled Shotgun (dropped)
- The name of this mission derives from jokes popular in Europe, particularly Great Britain, with the basic setup of "an Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman [Do An Action]", although the men's nationalities vary depending on the country in which the joke is being told and the stereotype being used. Generally, the English and French are haughty/elitist, the Scots and Welsh are stingy/ill-tempered, and the Irish are stupid/childlike.
- John Marston could be considered the eponymous Scotsman of the joke, considering his heritage and low tolerance for Irish's stupidity.
- Marston cannot hogtie Welsh or French, or even hit them with the lasso.
- If Marston gets close enough with the revolver and fires, he may run into one of the two assailants while shooting the gun. If the player has already killed one of them, the cutscene will trigger but Marston will yell battle dialogue even though the cutscene has started.
- Before starting the mission, if the player walks to the door opposite the door marked with an , it is possible to peek into the barn. Doing so will reveal that Irish, French, and Welsh are standing still around the water trough, but the sound effects of water-splashing and Irish yelling can still be heard.
Completing this mission contributes toward the following Trophy/Achievement:
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.