|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon you might ought'a mosey on down the road if you don't want to read any plot details.
|Start|| The gazebo in|
|End|| The gazebo in|
|Given by||The Blackmailer|
| Abraham Reyes|
"An Appointed Time"
|Stranger Location map|
In the gazebo in Blackwater Plaza, John Marston is greeted by an unnamed man, who supports and represents the Governor of West Elizabeth. The man tells John that another gentleman has been speaking out against the Governor, and needs to be "persuaded" to change his tune on the subject.
Before this Stranger will appear on the world map, the player must complete:
After speaking with the Blackmailer, the player must:
- Meet the gossiper, Aldous Worthington, in the Blackwater Bank.
- Show the gossiper the photos given to Marston.
- Speak again to the Blackmailer.
Go to the "?" blip in Blackwater and accept the mission. The man you receive the mission from will give you some photos, you can look at them if you want.
Bring the photos to the "?" blip in the building next to him. The building will be open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Show the photos to Aldous Worthington and then return to the person you got the quest from.
- The player can view the three photos given by the unnamed man in their inventory. They show the Gossiper engaged in sexual positions with a prostitute (though both are fully clothed). Strangely however, John will say to the gossiper that the photos are of him "coming out of a fine place of not-much repute", when showing him the photographs.
- During the initial cutscene, the animation for the man's hands and the match he's holding do not align. The flame from the match hovers in mid-air and is flicked without a corresponding arm movement after the man turns to talk to John. In the picture for this article, one can see the flame from the match floating above the man's hands.
- The player cannot lose the photos after they have been given to John. Therefore, even after the mission is completed, the photographs remain in the inventory to be viewed at any time.
- Despite Marston aiding and abetting a blackmailer, this mission has no honor penalty.
- When wearing the Duster Coat in the cutscene where John gives the photos to the rival politician, it will have glitched physics.
- The player may kill both Aldous Worthington and the Blackmailer without failing the mission. However, the player will lose honor and receive a bounty.
- There is a glitch where the player completes the side-mission, but it does not count towards 100% completion. This results in the player being entirely unable to complete the game and earn the Bureau Uniform, as the mission is not registered as successfully completed.
Complete a task for a Stranger.
Complete 15 tasks for Strangers.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.