|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon you might ought'a mosey on down the road if you don't want to read any plot details.
|“||It's the snake oil man. These poor folks have been drugged.||„|
|—Archibald Andrews speculates on the plague's origin|
Nothing is known of Archibald's background.
Red Dead Redemption
Archibald plays a very minor role in the mission "Exodus in America", where he is seen departing the same ferry as John Marston. Archibald is seen again in the mission "You Shall Not Give False Testimony, Except for Profit", where he is among the crowd that Nigel West Dickens is attempting to swindle.
In Undead Nightmare, Archibald is among a group of survivors encountered during "Curious Tales from Blackwater". He, Silas, Lucille Billingsgate, and Connie MacTavish are found huddled around a barrel and when John approaches the group is worried that he may be undead. After a short discussion regarding the origin of the outbreak, a zombie charges the group and mauls Lucille. Rather than help, the remaining survivors flee in different directions. Upon John's arrival at Fort Mercer for the first time, Archibald is the one who opens the gate for him, indicating that he managed to escape from his encounter with the undead in one piece.
Red Dead Redemption
|“||We decided that we would hold elections and I would be leader!||„|
|—Archibald to Silas|
- Archie blames the Undead Nightmare on Nigel West Dickens and his snake oil, claiming Dickens has drugged the populace and that is why they're attacking each other.
- He wears the same outfit as Irish, albeit recolored.
- This character shares his name with the perpetually teenaged comic book character Archie Andrews.
- After opening the gate for John at Fort Mercer, Archibald can be seen sitting on the stairs, crying. If the player leaves the fort or saves, upon returning Archibald will be gone.
- It is said by Silas that Archie cannot read.