Follow the river north in Tall Trees and at the end is a lake. There the player will find Aurora Basin. This location was most likely used as a fishing and hunting hut, but by appearance looks as though it was abandoned. The water in the basin is shallow enough for wading, providing a potential escape from pursuing animals.
- Duck (very rare. Only spawns for a couple of seconds at sunrise; may be a glitch.)
- This area is useful for racking up multiple wolf and bear kills, as they cannot get on the pier. The player can simply kill off all animals in sight, dash up and skin the bodies, then run back to safety.
- A scrap of the U.S. Army Outfit is located inside the shack at the base of the L shaped dock. Also, it serves as a known gang hideout for the West Elizabeth bounty hunting missions.
- The water in Aurora Basin is extremely shallow; the player can walk out into the middle of the basin, or cross the basin both on foot or on horseback and still avoid drowning. The closer to the waterfall the player gets, the deeper the water gets.
- If the player knocks himself over and submerges his head in the water, he will not die.
- During Undead Nightmare, one may encounter a survivor nearby who will request the player's help in rescuing a stranded friend or family member from zombies in Aurora Basin.
- Also, the cabin is seemingly a spawn point for the undead and usually, almost 10 or more undead will respawn inside.
- This is one of the few places in Red Dead Redemption where it never rains. While dark clouds will cover the sky and thunder and lightning may be heard and seen overhead, rain never appears to fall. However, if the player enters the small cabin when this weather is present, they may hear rain against the cabin.
- If the player places a hogtied victim at the edge of the dock and cut him/her free, the player may get stuck inside the dock with their feet in the water. This can be fixed by tapping the 'jump' button repeatedly.
- While wolves will immediately drown if they run into the water, bears are tall enough to where they will not. However, they rarely ever come far into the water, making them easy to shoot. A good way to get pelts is to wait until they are at the very edge of the water, shoot, skin, and run back into the water where you are safe.
- If you go the little patch of land on the very west of the basin, you are technically standing on the same peninsula as New Austin, making it the only place in the game where one territory extends onto the same landmass as another.
- While riding the mule, bonzo, buffalo, albino buffalo, super bull, or zebra donkey in multiplayer and the mule in singleplayer the mount will die when attempting to walk in Aurora Basin, because the placement of the head is shorter than that of a horse's.
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.