|Game||Red Dead Redemption|
|Obtained by||Purchase in a store|
The Bandana is an outfit accessory found/worn in Red Dead Redemption.
The Bandana is a black cloth worn across the face that can be used by John Marston to conceal his identity. When worn, actions that would normally cause a change in Marston's honor, whether positive or negative, have no effect. It also prevents any rise in Marston's fame meter, so it's advisable that players remove it before the end of a mission. In addition, taking the Bandana off while wanted causes the wanted meter to drain faster.
The player can purchase the Bandana for $20 from the general store in Escalera or the tailors' shop in Thieves' Landing. The cost is reduced to $10 with high honor in Escalera or low enough honor in Thieves' Landing. When honor is very high, it will no longer be available in Thieves' Landing, but will still be available for $10 in Escalera.
- The bandana does not make the player free of consequences; if their crimes are reported, they still incur a bounty, which they will have to pay off or pardon.
- It can be equipped or unequipped from the satchel, so the player does not need to return to a safehouse to use it. It is compatible with all of Marston's outfits. When the bandana is equipped, players can't purchase any drinks.
- Even though the bandana is equipped, people will still greet him as "Mr. Marston", when they shouldn't recognize Marston at all.
- John Marston's bandana is actually longer than Jack Marston's.
- If a player puts on or takes off a bandana while crouching, the animation of doing so is skipped, so it appears that the bandana vanishes or appears from thin air.
- It is impossible to get the Man of Honor/Chivalry’s Dead trophy/achievement while wearing the bandana, because the bandana prevents any change in fame or honor.
- Several criminals can be seen wearing bandanas, however this only happens in missions.
- Sometimes after completing the final story mission (not the final stranger mission) Jack will be wearing the bandana regardless of whether or not it has been purchased. This can be fixed by buying the bandana, equipping it and then unequipping it.
- The bandana will sometimes disappear during cutscenes, however this is only a rendering error, and does not affect gameplay.
- If wearing the Elegant Suit and the bandana while playing poker and you've been caught cheating, a duel will start, and after dueling, you will see Marston without the bandana, but the effects stay on, so making good actions or bad actions will not affect your fame and honor. The gloves may disappear from some outfits as well. The only way to remove the glitch is to deselect the bandana in the menu, however this will not reset the gloves.