- “This 1873 repeater rifle is the most popular rifle in the West. This model can hold 7 .44 caliber cartridges. The bayonet greatly impedes the accuracy of this weapon. However in close quarter combat situations, this bayonet attachment proves its worth.”
- — Description in game manual
The Bayonet Rifle is a repeating rifle with a bayonet attached to it, allowing the player to stab enemies who get too close. When upgraded, it is one of the best all-around long guns in the game.
The weapon first becomes available for acquisition from fallen enemies midway through the game.
Sheriff Bartlett's Journal
Bayonet Rifle is listed in Sheriff Bartlett's Journal on pages 52 - 53 under the Ranged Weapons section. The pages are unlocked by acquiring the weapon from fallen enemies.
- The Bayonet Rifle is based on the real world Winchester Model 1873.
- The Bayonet Rifle is based on an earlier version of the same rifle series as the Winchester Repeater from Red Dead Redemption.
- The Bayonet Rifle is statistically the best rifle in game, having the highest stats (tied with Oppressor), but with the addition of a bayonet