Red Dead RedemptionEdit
The Marston's Ranch is located in the settlement of Beecher's Hope, which also has a secret avatar award in the attic of the ranch house.
- With the addition of the Myths and Mavericks DLC a Stronghold match can be played in this location.
- With the addition of the Liars and Cheats DLC, multiplayer poker games can be played here.
- Poker table (multiplayer only, $100 buy-in)
The Marston house is a formally decorated house with space for a fireplace, master bedroom, bedroom, a storage room (which doubles as Uncle's bedroom), a dining room, a kitchen and living room. Outside, there is a corn silo, barn, corrall, outdoor dining area, and a small field outside. The Marstons also seem to own a pasture south of Blackwater.
Caution must be exercised when exploring the land, however, as packs of wolves and a few cougars are known to stalk the surrounding area. A few bears might even start to appear, so the player should be on their guard.
In the kitchen, there is a side closet with a ladder that leads up to the attic. In the attic is a chest that contains an Avatar Award: the Yellow Rockstar Logo T-Shirt, as well as a sum of money. The money refills in the same manner as safehouse ammuntition chests.
- When visiting the ranch before unlocking the house, the ranch looks in a state of disrepair and Uncle is nowhere to be found.
- Cougars, bears, wolves, and snakes within the property won't attack but will flee if approached.
- When visiting the land in 1914, one or two horses may appear at the hitching post in front of the barn.
- When finishing a world event, such as when an NPC is running away from animals, the NPC will walk over to the house on Beecher's Hope and sit down at the kitchen table as if it were a table from a saloon.
- Strange things will happen here, bears and cougars (sometimes at the same time) will spawn here, and packs of foxes and even coyotes have been seen in the fields. After 5:00 AM, three wolves will appear at the entrance, leaving the farm with something in their mouths and won' attack the player, presenting a perfect opportunity to kill them. After killing and skinning them, another three will appear and do the same thing. This will continue until evening, and is a great way for the player to make lots of money with ease. However, the player must look out for cougars, as there are a few near the entrance. Strangely, a single Fox sometimes spawns outside the south entrance of the Ranch and stares at the player.
- The grave markers can be targeted with Dead Eye, though this won't do anything other than put a temporary bullet hole in them.
- Sometimes random NPC's will usually come into the house and rest in the living room, dining room or hallway after 8:00.
- In Undead Nightmare, if the player returns to the ranch at any time after the first mission and looks into the window of John and Abigail's bedroom, they will see Abigail and Jack, both undead and hogtied. It is also possible to kill them, but it will result in the player's death.
- Also in Undead Nightmare, if the player walks near the front entrance to the ranch, it will trigger a cutscene in which John walks up to the door and looks as if he is going to take the boards off. However, when he is just about to, he hears a voice saying "Did you listen to a word I said?". After hearing this John walks away from the door and returns to a play state. This voice is believed to be Ayauhtéotl's.
- After completing "Undead Nightmare", if the player returns to the spot where John was buried, they will see two black outlines where Uncle and Abigail's graves should be.
- A glitch may occur when Abigail may stand on top of the bed when you walk into the room.
- A glitch may occur when young Jack goes to "bed" but lies floating above the floor of his room.
- On top of the barn there is writing that says "Oh My Son My Blessed Son". This is a cheat code that will enable the user to play as Jack.
- Before "The Last Enemy That Shall Be Destroyed" mission, two marks can be seen where Abigail and John Marston's graves will later appear.
- If, at any time after unlocking the Home missions, the player shoots an object within the house or breaks a window, Jack will sometimes take out his rifle and attempt to defend the ranch as if there were an intruder. Abigail will also respond by hiding behind walls looking startled, and if an object behind Uncle is shot when he is sat down at the table, he will fall over his chair backwards.
Loving husband and father
"Blessed are the Peacemakers"
"Always in our hearts"
"Impossible to forget"
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.