|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon
you might ought'a mosey on down the road
if you don't want to read any plot details.
|Affiliations||Dell Hopkins, Edgar Ross, Mel Thaxton|
Benton is a lawman ally of Edgar Ross who assists him in foiling a bank robbery by Dutch's Gang. He appears to have similar views and a similar condescending personality to Ross.
Benton is first seen during the mission "Exhuming and Other Fine Hobbies", in which he, along with Mel Thaxton, is guarding Moses Forth in Benedict Point. After Marston steals the horse of him or his comrade, he abandons his post to give chase, allowing Seth Briars to get to Moses.
Later on in the story, he reappears. Benton, under the orders of Ross, fires at Dutch's Gang from the rooftops in an attempt to foil their bank robbery along with several other Bureau agents and Marshals. Along with John Marston and Dell Hopkins, he proceeds to go into the bank itself and clear it out. He personally witnesses the confrontation between Dutch and Marston that results in the death of Muriel Scranton, and, like Ross, blames Marston for her death. He can also be found at MacFarlane's Ranch.
- “That was your fault Marston! You waited too long!”
- — 'Benton Manning' after Dutch van der Linde kills Muriel Scranton
- “This place is deader than a plate of bacon!”
- — 'Benton Manning' on how boring Benedict Point is while guarding Moses Forth
- “Hey there sir, can you assist a lawman for a minute?”
- — 'Benton Manning' calling out to the player
- “Will you help me take on of these criminals to the jail?”
- — 'Benton Manning' asking the player to return a criminal to the nearest jail
- “Would you stop complaining?!”
- — 'Benton Manning' insulting Mel Thaxton
- His horse is called "Abraham".
- He doesn't appear in the lawmen section at the Outfitter.
- Benton may be religious as he will sometimes shout "Sinner!" at an outlaw. Another hint towards this is the fact that his horse is named "Abraham".