3D model of the Bighorn Sheep
|Scientific Name||Ovis canadensis|
|Loot|| Bighorn Meat |
|Location|| Tall Trees |
Bighorn Sheep are large, wild sheep, which can be hunted. Be aware that shooting an animal near the Bighorns will cause them to become spooked. These animals are preyed on mainly by bears and cougars and on rare occasions they may come across wolves. When the player sees the corpse of these animals, note that the predator is probably still close to its victim.
When killing an animal, it usually attracts a predator. For example, killing a bighorn in Tall Trees will quite likely attract a group of bears.
The player must skin five Bighorns as part of the seventh level of the Master Hunter Challenges.
They can be found in the following areas:
- West Elizabeth, in the Tall Trees area around Tanner's Reach, up to the Aurora Basin in the mornings and southeast of Nekoti Rock in the early afternoon.
- Northwest of Hamlin's Passing on top of large boulders and rocky outcroppings.
- On very rare occasions, near Rathskeller Fork.
- The north hillside regions of New Austin, northwest of Twin Rocks. Be careful when hunting them here as cougars will spawn as well. Listen for sheep sounds to locate them.
- They have also been found in large numbers west of Bearclaw Camp and north of Tanner's Span.
- There is a bighorn spawn point just a little south of Tanner's Reach, bordering the river. A large number of elk are found here as well, allowing the player to easily complete Master Hunter Rank 7.
- They can be found just north of Manzanita Post in the open area, but be aware that Grizzly Bears are often sighted in this area.
- One of them can be found in Mexico being hunted by someone on rare occasions.
- They are mostly spotted in the middle of the day, and roam in groups of two to six.
- All bighorn sheep in the game appear to resemble rams (male sheep) as they all have horns curved up like snail shells or gothic designs from many of Tim Burton's films. Horns on a female bighorn sheep (ewe) are straight.
- Look for a group of animals that have white fur and 2 curved horns on their head. From a distance they may resemble buck.
- They are fairly small. Many players look for large animals, resulting in them giving up their search.
- The player can lasso them and drag them around with very little resistance, similarly how the player can lasso a tamed horse and drag it around.
- Two dead bighorns can be found on the mountain in "At Home with Dutch", the first killed by a bear and the second by a cougar.
- Bighorn Sheep do not appear in Undead Nightmare.
The player must kill a Bighorn Sheep to successfully complete the following achievement:
Kill every animal species in the game in any game mode.