The Brady Games Red Dead Redemption Official Guide is a book that offers advice and details on completing Red Dead Redemption.
The guide was published on the 14th of May, 2010. At time of release its retail price was £12.99 / $19.99 / € 16.00.
- MISSIONS & MORE: Maps and strategy for all three Acts of the Main Story missions, and for everything else required to achieve 100% completion. This includes Nightwatch, Horsebreaking, Strangers, Challenges, Hunting, and all Mini-games.
- MAPS: Detailed maps and descriptions revealing precise locations for all collectibles and side missions. Find Gang Hideouts, Wanted Poster & Bounty targets, Treasure Maps & Chests, Wildflowers, Hunting spots, and more!
- WEAPONS & GOODS: Stats for every weapon in the player's arsenal and market value for all items that can be bought and sold in shops.
- RED DEAD BASICS: Covers the basics of traveling, camping, using cover, and fighting to help the player survive in the West.
- MULTIPLAYER: Complete coverage on all modes of Multiplayer, featuring pro tips from the Rockstar MP test team.
- BONUS POSTER: Exclusive, custom designed diagrams of the major towns and settlements identifying all accessible buildings and points of interest in each area, all detailed in zoomed-in high resolution on both sides of a giant poster.
The guide is filled with detailed walkthroughs of all of the Red Dead Redemption missions and stranger missions as well as tips on hunting and how to complete Sharpshooter, Master Hunter, Treasure Hunter, and Survivalist challenges.
Game of the Year (GOTY) Edition
On October 10, 2011 Brady Games released a hardcover GOTY Edition of the guide which not only includes everything from the previously released original guide, but also includes sections for every DLC available.
While the sections for Outlaws to the End, Legends and Killers, Liars and Cheats, and Myths and Mavericks are fairly sparse and really only detail what was added to the game and a few gameplay tips, there is a full mission-by-mission guide for Undead Nightmare.
Also, descriptions of many of the central/major/supporting characters are included in this edition.