Red Dead RevolverEdit
Red Dead RedemptionEdit
Bulls are rare in Red Dead Redemption, appearing individually only in a couple of areas. Bulls can be hunted, but killing a penned bull counts as a crime. They are distinguishable from the other cattle by their large size, and they will charge the player if approached, knocking them down. To get the bull out of the pen you have to lure it into the stables beside the chicken coop and make it chase you out of the stables. Killing the bull is no longer a crime.
There is a bull located in MacFarlane's Ranch, in the cattle pen. Be warned that killing a bull is a crime, and ranch owners won't take it lightly when the player shoots their cattle. Another bull can be found in and around the Twin Rocks gang hideout when it is completed.
- There is a glitch that can occur in singleplayer that has a horse appear as a bull. This allows the player have a bull mount in singleplayer. The "bull" however, makes the same sounds as a horse and still retains the "ride horse" prompt. It also gives the ability to jump.
- Sometimes, if the bull charges you while you're outside the pen, it may go through the fence. This way, you can kill it outside of the pen without becoming wanted.
- One of the MacFarlane Brothers was killed trying to milk a bull.
- Sometimes, bulls will attack NPCs located in MacFarlane's Ranch. Ranch hands that enter the pen may be run over by the bull. Also, if the bull becomes agitated and escapes from the pen, he will charge at anyone, whether it is the player or an NPC, that comes near him.
- Bulls are among the only animals in the game that are seen in both Revolver and Redemption.