As the United States government takes over everything in the west, including the law system, those with the government control the law. When wearing this suit, Marston is shown to be with the government, thus, the law cannot touch him.
Bureau Uniform is discovered at around 75% game completion. It is gained after 100% Completion of the game. (The completion rate can be found by going to the start menu then going to Stats> General> Game Completed) The player also receives the Redeemed Achievement/Trophy for fully completing the game.
See 100% Completion for more information on how to obtain 100% completion.
Can also be obtained with the cheat: I LOVE A MAN IN UNIFORM (Though John still cannot use it).
- Although the player will not get a bounty or wanted level at all, some NPC lawmen and armed NPC will still open fire on him, if he will shoot one lawman with another present. This is considered a bug, and is most likely to occur in Blackwater, as two cops are often seen patrolling the streets together. As Marston comes to more obscure locations in the map, the lawmen are less likely to be accompanied by a partner. Also, an officer might even open fire against you even though it's not in anyones presence. This might happen if the player shoots the officer in the leg (or anywhere else, which doesn't kill him). When he gets up, he draws a rifle that he in some situations will use against the player, killing him if not careful.
- If the player has a very high bounty, and he wants to go to the Blackwater train station to use a pardon letter (this is just an example), it won't help to change to the Bureau uniform either camping or in a safe house, as the officers in Blackwater will still most definitely open fire against the player. This is either a bug, or the officers are able to see that it's the player they are after, even though the player is wearing the Bureau uniform (which then should make it impossible for the law to touch you) - so in this case, the law CAN touch him while wearing the uniform.
- If the player is trying to aim at an officer while he sees it, he will draw his gun. Then after a few seconds of just standing and watching you (if you keep aiming at the officer) - the officer will open fire against you, however, the officer will not melee you.
- Interestingly, the outfit also grants amnesty in Mexico even though it is a United States Bureau outfit.
- The player cannot rob NPCs while wearing this outfit. Keep in mind, that NPC's will still open fire against the player, if the player is shooting at them while wearing this outfit.
- Marston's forehead can sometimes be seen through the bowler hat.
- The Outfit picture shows a badge on the collar flap, but if you look when Marston is wearing it; the badge isn't there, which is strange, as Bureau agents such as Archer Fordham and Edgar Ross are seen with a small silver badge on their uniform.
- This is one of the suits that only Jack Marston can wear, the others being his unique Cowboy Outfit, the U.S. Marshal Outfit, and the U.S. Army Uniform.
- John can be seen wearing it in a picture below, meaning its requirements were different during development.
- The only way to be wanted while wearing this outfit is to kill a lawman while wearing a different outfit, then go to the closest safe house or make a camp. Change outfits to the Bureau Uniform and you will be wanted while wearing it.