Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Hey there, cowboy. It looks like this little ol' article is a bit puny.|
I reckon you could impress me by adding to it. Don't be shy now.
If you're logged in, it'll help you earn them fancy achievements, too.
The Bureau of Investigation, also known as the BOI, is a federal agency that features as a major antagonizing organization in Red Dead Redemption.
Since the federal government is responsible for governing the nation as a whole, it is a very powerful force in the world of Red Dead Redemption. The federal government (including the Bureau of Investigation) is the highest authority in the nation.
- Edgar Ross - Senior agent
- Archer Fordham - Agent
- Howard Sawicki - Agent
- Harold MacDougal - Scientist
- Nastas - Informant
- John Marston - Associate
- Before 1908 the US Department of Justice had no organized institution or group of investigators to gather intelligence. The Department of Justice hired Secret Service agents and private investigators, possibly from the Pinkerton National Detective Agency. However, Congress began to complain of this approach of having a secret service department in every bureau. On July 26, 1908 Attorney General Charles Joseph Bonaparte created the Bureau of Investigation (BOI) during the presidency of Theodore Roosevelt. It was renamed as the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in 1935, that might as well have turned into the FIB (Federal Investigation Bureau) later on.
- Despite being the BOI at the time, examining the Journal entry will say it was the FBI.
- NPC's, most notably Drew MacFarlane, can sometimes be heard grumbling about the growing encroachment of bodies such as the Bureau of Investigation, and its actions towards the populace.