|Rate of Fire||Low|
|Ammo Type||Sniper Rifle Ammo|
The Carcano Rifle is one of the rare weapons available in Red Dead Redemption. It was the service rifle of the Italian Army, a weapon that would have been quite rare in the American West and is a symbol of changing times, morals and ideals.
The Carcano Rifle performs and functions very similar to that of the Rolling Block rifle which is a single shot rifle, while the the Carcano Rifle holds 5 rounds, the most amount of rounds that a sniper rifle can hold in the game. It is mostly used for when a large amount of enemies are engaging the player from a longer distance. As well as the rifle being relatively powerful, in addition with the high count of rounds in the magazines, it is favored for hunting medium sized to large sized game, such as Buffalo, Deer, Bear, Elk, Cougar, Mountain lions, and variants of wild cattle in the game. Edit
Single Player Edit
- The Carcano Rifle can be purchased at the Gunsmith in Blackwater for $1100, or $550 if you have high Honor and Fame or only $225 if you are wearing the Savvy Merchant Outfit.
- As a second option, the player can also "cheat" for this weapon if they want (See Cheats in Redemption page).
- The Carcano Rifle is unlocked into the player's regular inventory upon reaching rank 28.
- In Free Roam Multiplayer mode, it can be found in a chest in the Nosalida gang hideout.
- It can also be obtained by killing another player who has the weapon equipped.
- Americus Roe will spawn with one during the Mansion sequence of the Tumbleweed gang hideout
- In the Undead Nightmare, both the Carcano Rifle and the Mauser Pistol, can be obtained by completing the Rank 5 Undead Sharpshooter Challenge.
Tips and TricksEdit
- When engaging multiple enemies at medium range, it can be helpful to switch between the Carcano Rifle and a weapon with auto-aim to quickly acquire targets.
- While aiming in the direction of enemies, a white ray appears around the scope to indicate where the enemy is.
- You can fire all five rounds of the Carcano Rifle before having to exit Dead Eye. This is useful in Bounty Hunter missions when you want to capture the outlaw alive; simply get into a good sniper position and kill the horses.
- Sometimes when buying the Carcano rifle from the Gunsmith in Blackwater, it will disappear from the inventory; the only way to get it back is to reload the game and try buying it again.
- Since going into Dead-Eye makes the player invincible, and shooting all shots with a scoped rifle in Dead-Eye doesn't exit it, the player can mount a horse, go into Dead-Eye, and shoot the horse in the head as many time as you like and it will still be alive.(Only works with sniper rifles)
- The Carcano Rifle is based on the real world Carcano Model 91/38 Short Rifle.
- The Carcano Rifle is nearly identical to the rifle used by Lee Harvey Oswald to assassinate U.S. President John F. Kennedy, which may explain its inclusion in the game despite being an anachronistic model.
The Carcano Rifle can be used to unlock the following achievements.
Get 250 headshots in any game mode.
Get a headshot while in Expert Mode in Singleplayer.
Kill 500 enemies with any rifle, repeater, or shotgun
Purchase a rare weapon from a gunsmith.
Attain 100% in the Single Player Game Completion stat.