Casa Madrugada (or "Morning House", or colloquially "The House of the Rising Sun") is a location in Red Dead Redemption. It is a brothel located in the Diez Coronas region of the Nuevo Paraiso territory.
Red Dead RedemptionEdit
A portion of both the Vincente de Santa missions "Civilization at any Price" and "Mexican Caesar", and the Landon Ricketts mission "Landon Ricketts Rides Again" take place in this location, and the Luisa Fortuna mission "Captain De Santa's Downfall" and the Abraham Reyes mission "The Great Mexican Train Robbery" both end here.
During Undead Nightmare, Casa Madrugada is a safe zone. But unlike the other safe zones, Casa Madrugada is not blocked off or protected by an army, and seems to be single-handedly protected by Landon Ricketts. Also, unlike the other safe zones, Casa Madrugada does have undead within its borders when Marston first arrives.
- Casa Madrugada Safehouse (Purchase for $250)
- Saloon with activities noted below
- Train station (red line stop between Las Hermanas and MacFarlane's Ranch - last stop in Nuevo Paraiso)
- Liar's Dice - winning a game here is the requirement for the third scrap of the Bandito Outfit.
Casa Madrugada is no stranger when it comes to crime. Just like Thieves' Landing, it too is a lawless town where anything goes, with the only cops in town being crooked. That's not to say if going about causing trouble, that there won't be repercussions. The Banditos mainly run Madrugada and anyone that gets out of line or stands in their way gets dealt with accordingly. Madrugada also has its fair share of criminal acts such as:
- Men pulling knives on prostitutes with threats of cutting their throats.
- Occasionally a wild posse of banditos on horseback come charging through the town shooting their guns into the air, dragging a lassoed victim behind them for extra laughs.
- Duels: Sometimes out of the blue, a man will challenge the player to a duel.
- Note: A Mexican lawman can be seen in the saloon, even if criminal activities are done there he will not become hostile.
- After completing the story mission "Captain De Santa's Downfall", the town will be deserted until completion of "An Appointed Time", meaning that the requirements for the Bandito Outfit can not be completed. Even after completion of "An Appointed Time", Liar's Dice and Poker do not occur as frequently as before. Therefore, it is advisable to at least get the scrap required from Casa Madrugada before finishing "Captain De Santa's Downfall". However Its been noted that killing the priest, outside the bar preaching, will bring people back.
- Players can gain the Dastardly achievement easily here. Simply wait for a train to pull into the station, lasso a woman and carry her the short distance to the waiting train.
- Sometimes in Casa Madrugada, wolves-sometimes with bobcats-will be found attacking the inhabitants.
- The train station is the only one in the game where bounties cannot be paid off, as it is a town with no law enforcement.
- The name "Casa Madrugada" may be a reference to song "The House of the Rising Sun" which refers to brothel and/or underground casino in New Orleans, and both prostitution and gambling are also prevalent in Casa Madrugada.
- A poster of Abraham Reyes can be found in the alley leading to the shooting gallery at the back of the building.
- If the player walks over to the shooting gallery, which is down the alley behind the building, there is a piece of rope with no object hanging from it. If the player touches it, it will connect to his head.
- If the player is on the upper corridor of the house and the player starts shooting people, Banditos in the lower level of the house may shoot the player through the ceiling.
- On rare occasions wolves have been known to spawn inside the lower rooms of the main building.
Red Dead RedemptionEdit
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.
Have every territory saved at the same time during the Undead Nightmare
Attain 100% Game Completion statistic in Undead Nightmare.