|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon
you might ought'a mosey on down the road
if you don't want to read any plot details.
|Affiliations||John Marston, Jack Marston|
|Voice Actor||Patch Darragh|
Players can locate him in Mexico near Roca de Madera with an incomplete glider. Kinnear had come to this location for testing the glider but needed some more parts to complete it. He requires 5 Beaver Fur, 20 bird feathers (of any type, and in any combination), and 10 Red Sage. Upon fetching the materials for the glider, Kinnear enthusiastically thanks Marston for his contributions. The player is instructed to return to the spot a few days later.
When Marston meets Kinnear again, with a now completed glider, Kinnear regales Marston with a short speech about the inborn ability of birds to fly and the difficulty man has of replicating it. He gives John a final thumbs up, screaming "into the wild blue yonder, Marston!" before leaping off the cliff-face laughing maniacally only to quickly discover his glider was not properly constructed (signified by a loud cracking noise after he travels a little bit), after a final isolated gasp of "...oh dear!", Kinnear plummets towards the ground below.
The player can investigate the crashed glider at the bottom of the cliff. If, first, the player investigates the glider with the sniper rifle's scope or binoculars, Kinnear's body can be visible near the glider. However, upon visiting the site, Kinnear's body is in front of the glider.
After the crash it is possible to get down the cliff and loot his body if you use an alternative method to the roads. This can be done by:
- To the left, notice a large indent in the cliffside with only about a 10ft drop. Proceed to jump onto this section.
- Now look to the left on this platform and there is a much larger drop, aim to jump for the slight platform sticking out and John should tumble to the bottom damaged but alive.
- Walk over to Charles Kinnear and loot his body. Players find a Survivalist Map, but nothing more.
- If the mission is initiated with John Marston and completed with Jack Marston, Kinnear will comment that "The years have been kind to you" indicating that he believes Jack is John. He can also greet Jack with the somewhat poignant, "Were you sent by that nice man?"
- He shares the same voice actor as Howard Sawicki. Coincidentally, they both wear glasses.
- In "The Last Enemy To Be Destroyed" John and Jack's last conversation covers the invention of the first flying machines. John says "A machine that could turn men into angels" in a sorrowful way, possibly thinking of Charles falling to his death (if one completed the task of course).
Complete a task for a Stranger.
Complete 15 tasks for Strangers.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.