A Deed is an item found in Red Dead Redemption.
- The Deed is similar in looks to a treasure map but, it allows the player to respawn their horse (if dead) or, switch to another horse (if the player owns more than one deed).
- For the deeds of the Kentucky Saddler, Hungarian Half-bred and American Standardbred to be available to buy, the horses need to be found and tamed.
- The player can hold as many deeds as they can buy.
- Using the Deed is the fastest and easiest way to save the game, and unlike the other methods it doesn't cost 6 game hours.
- A deed can be bought at any General Store in the single player. (Price depends on fame and honor)
In the Undead Nightmare DLC, deeds for the mythic horses Death, Pestilence, Famine and War are called 'Blood Pacts'. Since there is no currency in Undead Nightmare, you cannot buy 'Blood Pacts'. You get Death's Blood Pact by taming the horse, and the others by completing the Four Horses of Apocalypse challenges.