Red Dead RedemptionEdit
The main attraction in the town is the slaughterhouse run by Juan de la Vara. Inside the slaughterhouse on the upper floors is a crackable safe. Most inhabitants are Mexican or Chinese workers living in tents or communal housing. The area hosts the arm-wrestling minigame, as well as a Safehouse for sale. On top of the safehouse is a mounted Maxim Gun.
The Stranger side-mission "Love is the Opiate" begins here and it is also one of the destinations in the Stranger side-mission "Poppycock". A portion of the Stranger side-mission "Aztec Gold" takes place in this location.
During the Undead Nightmare, this is one of 23 locations that must be cleared of the Undead and then protected from re-infestation thereafter. It is inhabited by five survivors: Arsenio Baldizon, Francisco Aragon, Rafael Vallerino and two Chinese immigrants. The player can supply them with ammunition and must defeat all the Undead attacking the town in order to make it a 'safe zone' and be to able to save here.
The player can make good use of the Maxim Gun placed on the roof of the original El Matadero Safehouse in order to down a good portion of the undead. They must watch their fire, however, as friendly NPCs will sometimes ride through the streets on horseback and there are a few survivors located on the roof of the building across the road.
- Safehouse (purchasable for $150)
- Beware, as there are a lot of rattlesnakes in this area; they may even appear near doorways or between houses.
- The machine gun on the roof of the safehouse can be helpful for getting the Mowing Them Down achievement.
- When firing a weapon in this area, be careful. Many houses are packed with explosives and TNT barrels.
- With all of the Rattlesnakes, this is a good place to kill and skin 8 Rattlesnakes for a scrap of the Expert Hunter Outfit.
- There are three chests inside the canyon, and one on a small upper floor in the corner of the stables, so this is a good place to make a quick buck.
- After Colonel Allende's downfall, soldiers of the Mexican Army remain present in this town.
- In Undead Nightmare, the survivors on the roof are using Volcanic Pistols. Strangely, the pistols have the sound effects of the High Power Pistol.
- This is the only location where Chinese workers can be seen smoking opium. On very rare occasions, other NPCs can be seen smoking it as well.
- There is a glitch in the caves where a dead Dog will randomly spawn sliding along the floor, distinguished by its whimpering sound.
Red Dead RedemptionEdit
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.
Have every territory saved at the same time during the Undead Nightmare
Attain 100% Game Completion statistic in Undead Nightmare.