- “When you wear the Elegant Suit it will be possible to cheat at Poker.”
- — In-game description
Tips and TricksEdit
Wearing the Elegant Suit allows the player to cheat in poker by allowing them to stash an extra card. The player can stash a card every time it's their turn to deal the cards, by pressing either the triangle or Y button. Stashing it initiates a mini game where the player must keep an arrow balanced. If the arrow becomes unbalanced, an NPC will notice the player cheating.
It should be noted that if the player is caught cheating the NPC will challenge the player to a duel. Some players use this as a way to control when they duel in order to practice dueling. If the player is caught cheating they do not get their money back, so in effect, it is like paying between $10 to $100 to duel.
- Marston wears an unusable variant of this suit on the box art for Red Dead Redemption; he is shown with the addition of gloves and the bandolier but without his coat and hat.
- Rockstar had originally planned the Elegant Suit to be worn without Marston's cowboy hat, much like the Gentleman's Attire.
- The tie on the suit appears to be the same one that Nigel West Dickens wears, only a bit more faded.
- In one of the trailers for Undead Nightmare, John is seen riding a horse with this outfit, despite the fact it is unattainable in the DLC. However, the Undead Cowboy Outfit seems to be the vest and tie from this suit with the sleeves of the shirt rolled up, so it might be that John was buried wearing the Elegant Suit.
- The description at Thieves' Landing Tailor used to say (before a patch) that the outfit can be used to cheat in both Poker and Liar's Dice, but once it is purchased, it says the player can only cheat at Poker.
- Sometimes when putting on the Elegant suit and taking it off may cause a bug that will remove the gloves for any outfit that uses them. Starting a game of Five Finger Fillet and exiting before finishing will restore them.
- If Marston gets caught cheating and loses the following duel, he will respawn wearing the elegant suit, and if he puts on an outfit that uses the gloves, the gloves will not appear.
- When picking flowers with this suit, the player will be able to see a playing card in his left sleeve.
- It is arguably the easiest outfit to obtain, along with the Gentleman's Attire and the Duster Coat, as the entire suit is bought for $75.
Obtaining the Elegant Suit will contribute toward acquiring the following Trophies/Achievements:
Obtain the Elegant Suit.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.
Also, obtaining the Elegant Suit will contribute toward acquiring the following Trophies/Achievements:
Win over 2,000 chips in a hand of Poker or Blackjack.
Earn $10,000 in singleplayer.