|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon you might ought'a mosey on down the road if you don't want to read any plot details.
To view the mission tree, see:
- Main article: Missions in Redemption/Tree
To complete this mission, the player must:
- Accompany De Santa to the wagon convoy.
- Ride shotgun to Torquemada.
- Fight his way up to the fort.
- Kill all of the rebels in the fort.
Soon after arriving, the cart in front of yours will be blown up by TNT, before rebels assault you from the hills to the right. You'll have to kill them, as well as three rebels on horseback that will come from the same direction.
You'll arrive in Torquemada, where you'll be met by the armed forces. You'll be given a sniper rifle to help fend off the enemy forces on top of the hill. After killing the rebels, you'll have to move on to the blockades. The rebels will blow them up, before assaulting with a small group of combatants. Once again, after killing the attackers, you'll have to move up to clear out the valley.
Lastly you'll have to move up to the ruins. Beware, because the rebels here have snipers and are numerous. The ruins go on for a long time, with many enemies, both snipers and regular rebels. Once you reach the end, a cutscene will commence, showing De Santa. He'll try to offer Marston women and wine, but Marston turns it down, saying he wants information, and that he demands information the next time they meet.
- Main article: Empty Promises/dialogues
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assaults, kills or abandons De Santa.
- Kills his own or De Santa's horse.
- Kills the horses pulling the wagon.
- Assaults any Mexican Army soldiers.
- Strays too far from the mission location.
New Game Elements Introduced
- Using a sniper rifle
Mission Complete Unlockables
Completing this mission contributes toward the following Trophy/Achievement:
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.