The Gentleman's Attire is an outfit available to be worn by Marston in Red Dead Redemption. It makes the player look like a wealthy high class aristocrat, and grants access to the High Stakes Poker in Blackwater.
To unlock the outfit one must go to the pause menu, scroll down to Social Club. Then click on the "Y" or "Triangle" button to "Sign In". If the player already has a Social Club account, he/she will be asked to sign into it. If not, a prompt to create a new one will appear. After the process is finished, then the Gentlemen's Attire will be in the outfit menu the next time the game is saved.
The outfit will also be automatically unlocked for anyone who had linked their account before Redemption was released.
- Once earning the suit, you will also unlock the Gentleman's Attire and Lady's Finery that can be used for customizing your avatar on Xbox Live and PlayStation Home. This was added as a reward for completion of a 2011 multiplayer XP contest.
- This is the only other outfit besides the Cowboy Outfit that is present at the beginning of the game. (However, the player cannot put it on until completion of the mission New Friends, Old Problems, as the safehouse is not functional until then)
- When worn while playing as Jack Marston, his hair will be tied in a short ponytail in the back. This isn't present with any of the other hatless outfits.
- The 'High Stakes' Poker game costs $250 to enter, and cheating is not an option, as you cannot wear the Elegant Suit while playing here. Using this outfit in the high stakes poker games can be an easy way to get the High Roller trophy/achievement.
- This outfit is shown in one of the trailers when the narrator says: "You may get a great deal wealthier in the process."
- Note that when wearing this outfit you may receive different dialog from NPCs e.g.: Cowboy Outfit- "Who's this cowboy beside you?" Gentleman's Attire- "Who's this nice man beside you?"
- If you greet someone while wearing this outfit, Marston will tip the brim of his invisible hat.
- This is one of the five outfits that doesn't have a hat. However in certain missions (like The Burning) he will be wearing a hat.
- Marston's Bandolier is not shown while wearing this outfit.
- This appears to be the only outfit that doesn't get dusty.
- Sometimes when changing from the Gentleman's Attire to the Elegant Suit, the player will still look like they are wearing the Gentleman's Attire, but have the effects of the Elegant Suit.