|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon
you might ought'a mosey on down the road
if you don't want to read any plot details.
| Red Dead Redemption:|
Undead Nightmare mission
Get Back in That Hole, Partner
|Start||The Old Bacchus Place|
|End||The Old Bacchus Place|
|Given by||Seth Briars|
|Location||The Old Bacchus Place|
| Undead Nightmare|
"Curious Tales from Blackwater"
| Undead Nightmare|
"Filth and Other Entertainment"
–Seth Briars, when asked about the undead plague
Marston approaches the Old Bacchus Place to find Seth Briars 'playing' poker with his friend, the newly undead Moses Forth. John declines the invitation to join the card game and begins questioning Seth about an explanation for the undead plague. Seth seems disinterested in the conversation and makes light of the situation, saying: "It ain't nothin'."
When Marston mentions that the folk in Blackwater are blaming it on the glass eye he found, Seth becomes agitated and begins to damn the townsfolk for their opinion. Seth even decides that Marston has become a threat because he tries to coax the undead Moses into attacking John, albeit not very convincingly.
When Marston continues to press him for an explanation, Seth suggests he travel to the three local cemeteries and burn the plague out at its source. Without much of an alternative, Marston sets off to do just that...
Mission Prerequisites Edit
Before this mission becomes available, the player must complete:
Mission Objectives Edit
To complete this mission, the player must:
- Speak to Seth Briars at The Old Bacchus Place.
- Cleanse the Undead from the cemeteries at Coot's Chapel, Odd Fellow's Rest and Tumbleweed.
- Return to The Old Bacchus Place and tell Seth the job has been completed.
After talking to Seth at the Old Bacchus Place, the player must then clear out the graveyards at Coot's Chapel, Odd Fellow's Rest, and Tumbleweed. After the graveyards have been cleared, the player must then return to Seth.
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assaults Seth, Moses or the dancing zombies.
- The player can use the house at The Old Bacchus Place after speaking to Seth.
- Seth swallows his glass eye when dancing, saying that was better and why he didn't think of that earlier.
- After the first cutscene, the player can turn around and walk back to Seth and listen to him talk to Moses.
- At the end of this mission, when Seth is dancing with the undead, it is impossible to shoot them. However, throwing a stick of dynamite or a fire bottle into the party may kill Seth and his undead guests. If Seth survives, he will pull out a revolver and begin shooting at the player before attempting to flee from the property.
- Even if the player kills Seth after the mission, he still appears at the end of the game.
- Seth seems to have a special relationship with the Undead as he can play cards and dance with them. It might be due to the fact that "he hasn't bathed in six months" or the fact that the was a grave-robbing treasure hunter.
- The title of this mission is also the title of a track on the Undead Nightmare Soundtrack.
Completing this mission contributes to the acquisition of the following Trophies/Achievements:
Complete "A Cure for Most of What Ails You" and "Get Back in That Hole, Partner" Survivor Missions.
Attain 100% Game Completion statistic in Undead Nightmare.