|Scientific name||Ribes aureum|
|Revenue from sale||$6 New Austin|
$8 Nuevo Paraiso
$4 West Elizabeth
Golden Currant (Ribes aureum) is a vendible good found in Red Dead Redemption. They are a type of plant that the player can harvest and sell to merchants for money, or can be used by the player to create other valuable and useful items such as medicines.
- Note: prices listed on this page are based upon the player having neutral honor and playing the game on Normal difficulty. If the player has high honor, the selling price will be decreased by 50% everywhere except Thieves' Landing. Low Honor increases selling price by 50% everywhere except Thieves' Landing. While playing the game on Hardcore difficulty, money is more scarce and the base, neutral honor price of each item will be slightly lower.
Golden Currant are found in the western side of the Great Plains area, particularly along the railroad tracks. They are tall, upside-down pear shaped, dark green leafy bushes and are very easy to spot in the light-colored surroundings. Sometimes near rocks, and under groups of trees, but scattered about in general. It should be noted that the game must be set in Spring because Golden Currant only blooms in Spring.
- A Survivalist Map is not needed for Rank 9 Survivalist Challenge as Golden Currant can be seen from very far distances, making it the easiest plant to find
- There are several in and around Beecher's Hope also widespread in the Great Plains. There tends to be an abundance in them just off of the small cliff on the East side of Beecher's Hope.
- 15 Golden Currant must be gathered to complete Survivalist Challenge Rank 9.
- 2 additional Golden Currant must be gathered to complete Survivalist Challenge Rank 10.
- There is a Golden Currant east of Beecher's Hope that when collected the camera will go under the map slightly.
- Marston's head will go through the plant when collecting it.
Obtain Legendary rank in any Single Player Ambient Challenge.
Attain 100% in the Single Player Game Completion stat.