|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon
you might ought'a mosey on down the road
if you don't want to read any plot details.
|The Hanging Rock|
|Game||Red Dead Redemption|
|Type||Bounty location, Treasure #1 Location|
The Hanging Rock is an area northeast of Armadillo. The name is derived from the noose that droops from a tree by the rock, obviously used in numerous hangings. It serves as the spot of the first treasure.
It serves as a location for Walton's Gang hideout for Bounty Targets. Usually a person will be hanged by three rustlers, usually Walton's gang, and if you do not save the hanged victim, you fail the small, yet minor mission. The rustlers are armed with low to medium powered guns, so be aware.
- Walton's Gang carries out most of its hangings at Hanging Rock.
- Scripted hangings also take place here. These are not random events the player can take part in, but they can watch.
- This is the location of the first treasure chest in the game, the map to this chest can be unlocked by saving a Mexican treasure hunter from some Banditos. You will not be able to open the treasure chest until you obtain the map.
- Cannibals can be found around the area, so be on your guard.
- A lone cougar can spawn where American Appetites took place, (Where you actually hogtied the man and brought him back to the cannibal.) Be warned, this can also trigger a glitch.
A glitch in the game can occur when you meet the cannibal to lasso and hogtie the man in the sidequest, American Appetites, a cougar will appear and kill the man you are supposed to hogtie and say that the mission is incomplete.
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.