|High Power Pistol|
|Games||Red Dead Redemption|
|Rate of Fire||High|
|Ammo Type||Pistol Ammo|
The High Power Pistol is one of three semi-automatic pistols in the game, along with the Mauser Pistol and Semi-automatic Pistol. It is statistically one of the best all around handguns in the game, being the most powerful, with a high rate of fire, quick reload, and eight round capacity. It is also one of the last weapons to be unlocked in the single player campaign.
One of the Random Encounters in the wilderness during Undead Nightmare involves a doctor who is conducting experiments on undead corpses in an attempt to find a cure for the disease. After assisting the doctor in four to six separate encounters, he will provide the player with a High Power Pistol.
- The High Power Pistol is unlocked into the player's regular inventory upon reaching rank 35.
- It can also be obtained by killing another player who has the weapon equipped.
- In Free Roam, the pistol can be found in Tesoro Azul and it is also carried by the local law enforcement in Blackwater.
- The High Power Pistol is based on the real world FN Model 1903 Pistol.
- When the High Power Pistol becomes golden, it appears to have engravings on the slide that look similar to the engravings on the 100th anniversary model of the 1903.
- Despite Agent Ross having one and giving another to John Marston, the M1903 was never in fact adopted by the US Government. It was however issued to the armies or police of several other countries including Sweden, Russia and Turkey.
- The name "High Power" seems to reference a later Browning/FN pistol, the 1935 Hi-Power (Grand Puissance).
- Official Red Dead Redemption artwork shows Edgar Ross holding a Colt M1911 instead of the High Power Pistol. The M1911 was yet another John Browning design, his most famous, but featured a prominent external hammer.
- All High Powers in Red Dead Redemption appear to be custom modified with ivory pearl grips and appears to be the weapon of choice of Edgar Ross.
- The High Power Pistol is the only pistol in the game that is blowback action.
- When reloading the High Power Pistol, the gun's slide always locks back, empty or not, despite Marston not even locking it back, but using the slide stop when finishing the reload animation.
- In the mission "An Appointed Time", Arsenio Baldizon is seen holding a High Power Pistol and executing a rebel during the opening cut-scene.
The High Power Pistol can be used to unlock the following achievements or trophies:
Kill 500 enemies with any pistol or revolver in any game mode.
Get 250 headshots in any game mode.
Get a headshot while in Expert Mode in Singleplayer.