Marston cocks his arm to throw a bottle of Holy Water.
|Rate of Fire||Low|
|Ammo Capacity|| 10
Holy Water is a weapon featured in the Undead Nightmare DLC pack.
Although this is one of the weapons Marston can possess, players cannot "cheat" for it because it's DLC.
DescriptionEditZombie nearby, as before. Holy Water is one of the random weapon drops in Undead Overrun, and is also sometimes given to the player who opens the coffin in-game. Soon after it is thrown in multiplayer huge and explosive bolts of lightning fall from the sky randomly in the general area that the Holy Water landed. These bolts kill any zombies in the vicinity, spectacularly, and the bombardment itself is extremely destructive, including to the players themselves.
An effective way to use Holy Water is to throw undead bait and wait until a few zombies come, and then throw the Holy Water. This tactic can also be used on Overrun when you are getting swarmed by the undead and can also help to complete the wave faster and earn a better combo.
- If thrown on a human, they will not be burned, but a blue flame still rises and they are injured.
- Holy Water is supposedly the reason that when John Marston rose and became an undead, he still had his soul.
- Sometimes, the player cannot whistle for their horse while wielding Holy Water.
- Holy Water, Boom Bait and Undead Bait are the only Thrown Weapons that are not available in normal Multiplayer.
- If the player's running out of Holy Water, they can either loot the bodies of the undead or use the Holy Relic kit to replenish their supply in Undead nightmare single player.
- Along with the Blunderbuss, Holy water is only featured in Undead Nightmare and Undead Overrun (Multiplayer).