| Red Dead Redemption|
achievement and trophy
In a Hail of Bullets
|Description||Kill 500 enemies with any pistol or revolver in any game mode|
|Gamer Score||20 gamerscore|
|Trophy Type||Silver silver|
Kill 500 enemies with any pistol or revolver in any game mode.
The following weapons can be used to complete this achievement:
- Cattleman Revolver
- Schofield Revolver
- Double-Action Revolver
- LeMat Revolver
- Volcanic Pistol
- Semi-Automatic Pistol
- High Power Pistol
- Mauser Pistol
Tips and TricksEdit
- The quickest, safest, and easiest way to do this is to grab any pistol and/or any revolver and go to Thieves' Landing then proceed shooting the place up. Once the player has acquired a large amount of kills, save just in case of an accidental death. If running low on ammo, loot bodies, open the chest in the safehouse, or buy more if the clerk has not fled from his store. Repeating this tactic will unlock the achievement/trophy in a short amount of time.
- One way to get this would be going to any gang hideout in free roam, any hideout will do. Kill all the enemies with a pistol then replay the hideout until getting the achievement/trophy.
- On the mission "The Gates of El Presidio", if instead of searching the barracks one can continue to fight the Mexican Army as they will keep spawning; you can just keep shooting them as they come. Replaying the mission does not count towards the single player pistol kills. In order to complete the achievement when replaying the player must kill 500 men in the fort.
- Check the progress by going to the stats section in the pause menu and go to combat; add up the kills for all pistols and revolvers. This achievement can only be earned by getting either 500 kills in multiplayer, or 500 kills in single player. The two do not overlap.
- Playing the game normally while using revolvers and pistols as a weapon of choice will unlock this achievement/trophy without any hassle.
- In Friendly Free Roam, stock up on ammo and go to El Presidio. Become wanted and continue killing Mexican Army men as they enter El Presidio. It should take roughly an hour to get the achievement/trophy. If in need of ammo during the players time in El Presidio, pick some up from dead Mexican Army men.
- Killing the Undead with Death in the Undead Nightmare DLC counts towards pistol shots. You can rapidly gain "pistol" kills by riding Death through Jorge's Gap.
- Another easy way to attain this award is to play Undead Overrun in multiplayer. Each wave gets progressively bigger so by playing with a decently skilled group, the player can easily gain this trophy by surviving multiple waves of undead.
This achievement can be completed in conjunction with:
Get 250 headshots in any game mode.