|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon
you might ought'a mosey on down the road
if you don't want to read any plot details.
It looks similar to the Legend of the West Outfit with a number of changes:
- There is no vest and the shirt is unbuttoned.
- The outfit does not feature the bandolier, whereas the 'Legend of the West Outfit' does.
- The gloves are gone, and Marston is wearing a rosary and a red pirate-style sash around his waist similar to the one worn by Landon Ricketts.
- His belt has been replaced with a more ornate belt buckle.
- The black duster coat is considerably more worn, with a large tear on the right shoulder and multiple holes along the frayed bottom.
- The outfit has multiple blood stains, and Marston's face is dirty similar to the Treasure Hunter Outfit, with the addition of blood on the right side of his face.
- Marston's Trousers/Pants hang over the boots, rather than being tucked inside.
- Most noticeable is the larger feathered hat replacing Marston's normal hat.
The outfit's name changes from "Legend of the Apocalypse" to "Legend of the Undead" after completion of Undead Nightmare.
This outfit also increases the duration of phosphorus bullets.
- Legend of the Apocalypse --- "As a Legend of the Apocalypse, your phosphorus treatment lasts longer."
- Legend of the Undead --- "Nnnrrguuuuuh"
- After Undead Nightmare is completed this is the only outfit available to Marston that has a hat.
- It is most likely torn up not only to fit in with the Apocalypse theme, but also so Undead John can wear it without looking uncharacteristically clean.
(Xbox 360/PS3) If the Legend of the Apocalypse outfit is not unlocked before completion of the DLC, the menu entry for the outfit may disappear and will not appear when looked for in the outfit menu. To remedy this, simply complete level 5 of a challenge and it will be added.
(PS3) If the invincibility cheat is enabled, the player is wearing this outfit, and if the player is leathaly close to dynamite the player's rifle holder will disapper.
(PS3) With "Spinning Plates" already acquired at least one town may still register as "Status Unknown", could be a cumulative award.