The outfit features a white shirt and black vest combo accompanied by a long black duster and Marston's trademark cowboy hat.
Unlocking this outfit doubles the capacity of the Dead-Eye Targeting meter; however, it is not necessary to be wearing the outfit to have double capacity.
- "Congratulations. You are a Legend of the West. Your Dead Eye meter has been expanded and you have an alternate outfit to wear."
- The "DON'T YOU LOOK FINE AND DANDY" cheat code will unlock this outfit for early use, along with the Gentleman's Attire and the Rancher Outfit (if you have not completed the necessary missions in the storyline)
- The outfit is strikingly similar to the Deadly Assassin Outfit, with the only differences being the lack of an eyepatch on the left eye, a longer coat, a solid black vest, and Marston's typical hat rather than the special hat that the Assassin outfit has. However, the Deadly Assassin Outfit recharges dead-eye twice as fast, while unlocking the Legend of the West Outfit increases your dead-eye, but the outfit itself confers no perks.
- A similar outfit is available in Undead Nightmare, known as the Legend of the Apocalypse Outfit.
- Because this outfit is obtained by completing all challenges (which are needed for 100% completion), this outfit is a by-product of reaching 100%.
- Marston seems to have worn this outfit while he was running in the gang.
- Some players have encountered an unusual glitch which required the character to be arrested while wearing the outfit before the gloves would appear. Also, if your gloves go missing you can play a round of Five Finger Fillet with the Cowboy Outfit on and then change back and they will appear on you again. This is also the case with Marston's rifle holster on his back disappearing. The same solution of getting arrested will solve this problem.
- When carrying a hogtied person, the back part of the coat will go up.