Nothing is known of Leland's background.
Leland is also seen in the Stranger side-mission "I Know You" in the first encounter, where he is about to have a affair with a prostitute outside the Thieves' Landing saloon. The player can give him $10 to encourage him or give him some advice to discourage him.
- “Hello, my good man!”
- — Leland Byers, greeting the player
- “Yeah? What the hell do you want?”
- — Leland Byers, interrupted by John Marston
- “Oh shit, mister. I don't know who or what you are, but I guess I'm grateful. I guess you're right. I was raised better than this.”
- — Leland Byers, while being discouraged by John Marston
- “Do you mean something by this rude behavior, sir?”
- — Leland Byers, when bumped into
- “C'mon Now!”
- — Leland Byers, referring to his horse
- “Blazes! Don't harm the infrastructure!”
- — Leland Byers, when frightened
- “Is this how it ends? Oh lord! How unfair!”
- — Leland Byers, when injured
|Hey there, cowboy. It looks like this little ol' article is a bit puny.|
I reckon you could impress me by adding to it. Don't be shy now.
If you're logged in, it'll help you earn them fancy achievements, too.