Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Outside Coot's Chapel, Marston meets an old woman named Alma Horlick whose soon-to-be husband, Peter Turner, has disappeared on her wedding day, which apparently seems to be the same day John is talking to Ms. Horlick, according to her. She asks Marston if he could go and retrieve Peter from the Armadillo saloon, where he works as a musician.
Before this Stranger will appear on the world map, the player must complete:
After speaking with Alma Horlick, the player must:
- Ride to Armadillo saloon and speak to Nathan Harling about Peter Turner.
- Decide whether to give him money or help him with his wife, Rose.
- If Marston decides to speak with Rose, she will either need to be intimidated into returning to her husband, or hogtied and carried back to the saloon.
- Use Harling's information to locate Peter Turner.
Miss Horlick suggests looking for her soon-to-be-husband, Peter, at the saloon in Armadillo. Marston meets one of the piano players, by the name of Nathan Harling. Harling has information on Peter's whereabouts, but he wants compensation before he'll talk. At first he tells Marston he'll talk for $5, but then changes his mind saying his wife, Rose, had left him earlier that day, and asks Marston to go talk to her and try to convince her to take him back before she leaves town for good.
Rose can be found at the Armadillo freight station waiting for a stagecoach. When approached, it becomes clear that the angry wife will not return to Nathan without some further "persuasion". You can either threaten her or hogtie her and carry her back to the saloon. Doing either of these will result in -100 Honor, unless the Bandana is equipped.
Nathan tells Marston that he believes Peter can be found at Odd Fellow's Rest out in the desert. Proceed to Odd Fellow's Rest to find a tombstone with Peter's name on it (the map will display a quest marker indicating where it is). Marston learns that Peter died from a blow to the head over 17 years ago on January 15th, 1894. It becomes apparent that Alma Horlick is delusional and going crazy.
- Running over Rose with a horse will sometimes trick the game into automatically updating the mission as if she and Nathan are back together again. However, this will fail the mission making it unavailable for 7 in-game days (Rose will also be at the same place she was left). The player can then convince Rose to return to Nathan without losing any honor.
- The title, "Let No Man Put Asunder", is a paraphrased quotation from the Book of John in the Bible.
- If the player returns to Coot's Chapel after finding Peter's grave, Miss Horlick will be gone.
- In the Undead Nightmare DLC, Alma Horlick appears as the "Boss" undead in Coot's Chapel and Peter Turner appears as the "Boss" undead at Odd Fellow's Rest cemeteries (during the mission "Get Back in That Hole, Partner").
- After Marston carries Rose back to the saloon, she will sit down and start crying.
Complete a task for a Stranger.
Complete 15 tasks for Strangers.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.