Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
–Seth Briars upon finding his "treasure"
To view the mission tree, see:
- Main article: Missions in Redemption/Tree
Before this mission becomes available, the player must complete:
To complete this mission, the player must:
- Fight to reach the old mansion in Tumbleweed.
- Get inside through the basement doors.
- Fight up to the second floor.
- Find Seth's treasure.
Follow Seth through waves of gang members until reaching the mansion. Here there will be close quarter shootouts where the player can easily be killed by the enemies' shotguns. Continue up the stairs and into the next room, take a right and a new cut scene will come on.
- Main article: Let the Dead Bury Their Dead/dialogues
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assaults, kills or abandons Seth.
- Shotguns are very effective when clearing out the basement in the mansion.
- The title of this mission, "Let the Dead Bury Their Dead", is a quote from Jesus in the book of Matthew (8:22) when talking with an unnamed disciple about following Him.
- People at camp sites occasionally talk about a family that was eaten by a ghost in Tumbleweed and that all that was left was a glass eye. The eye Seth found may be related to the camp fire story.
- Ironically, in the basement, Seth walks past the real treasure for Treasure Hunter Rank 4.
- As of June 2014, multiple players have confirmed that after the last cutscene of the mission , they can hear a Zombie Marston growl made by Marston.
- In Undead Nightmare the glass eye is one of the rumored sources of the plague.
- Additionally, in the DLC, after John clears out the graveyards and returns to Seth, the latter swallows the glass eye.
Completing this mission contributes toward the following Trophy/Achievement:
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.