|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon
you might ought'a mosey on down the road
if you don't want to read any plot details.
| Red Dead Redemption:|
Undead Nightmare mission
Love in the Time of Plague
|Location||Great Plains, West Elizabeth|
|Rewards|| Cattleman Revolver|
|None|| Undead Nightmare|
"Curious Tales from Blackwater"
Marston returns home on a stormy night with an uneasy feeling he can't quite put his finger on. John then inquires about Uncle's whereabouts, but Abigail was under the impression that John and Uncle had been together. She tries to assuage John's apprehension by making light of the situation and reminding John that Uncle can take care of himself. This does not, however, set John's mind at ease, and the family has dinner without Uncle.
After supper, John asks Jack about the book he's been reading. According to Jack, it's a book about monsters and he begins to relate a story of the ancient Aztecs and a plague-causing curse. Abigail dismisses it as nonsense, and everyone goes to bed.
Later that night, when the moon is full, John and Abigail are awoken by Uncle coming into their bedroom. Uncle is covered in blood, sneering and growling. The old man makes a bee-line for John, who grabs him by the throat and beats him over the head with a nearby lamp. Despite only wearing his Union Suit, Marston goes to fetch his gun.
Meanwhile, Uncle revives and chases Abigail out of the house. He has already bitten her when John arrives with his gun...
To complete this mission the player must:
Be sure to shoot Uncle in the head as body shots will not kill him. Abigail and Jack are easily subdued with the lasso and the player should have no issues with them.
After the cutscene ends, the player should head to Blackwater. The player might also consider saving the game in the loft of the barn.
The mission will fail if the player:
- Abandons Abigail after she is attacked.
- Assaults Abigail or Jack.
- Leaves Beecher's Hope without securing Abigail and Jack or without killing Uncle.
Mission Complete UnlockablesEdit
- Cowboy Outfit
- Mexican Poncho
- Duster Coat
- Rancher Outfit
- Union Suit
- Double-barreled Shotgun
- Cattleman Revolver
- The events of Undead Nightmare do not fit into the timeline of Red Dead Redemption as it takes place in a period of time when Nastas was still alive and John was living with his family, which does not exist.
- The mission name is a reference to the novel Love in the Time of Cholera.
- In the beginning cutscene, an Undead Cougar can be seen stalking about outside the fence of Beecher's Hope as John drives the wagon into the ranch.
- When John goes after Abigail, Jack can be seen by the house chasing Rufus.
- If a cheat is activated that gives Marston a set of guns after killing Uncle and being tasked with hogtying Jack and Abigail, Marston will be able to shoot at Jack and Abigail without causing any damage to them.
Completing this mission will contribute to acquiring the following Achievement/Trophy:
Attain 100% Game Completion statistic in Undead Nightmare.