To view the mission tree, see:
- Main article: Missions in Redemption/Tree
Before this mission becomes available, the player must complete:
To complete this mission, the player must:
- Play two rounds of Texas Hold 'Em.
- Defeat Müller in a duel.
- Defeat The Stranger in a duel.
- Kill Müller's remaining men.
The player sits down and plays poker with Ricketts and his friends. After two hands, Müller will accuse Marston of cheating, and after a stand-off over the table, Ricketts convinces Müller to accept a duel. After winning the duel, Marston and Ricketts have a drink. As they do so, The Stranger, a friend of Müller and a participant in the poker game, will approach, holding a knife to a girl's throat, threatening that he'll kill her. Marston is forced to kill the man, in order to save the girl's life.
After killing The Stranger, four accomplices appear, which Marston and Ricketts will have to kill. After the shootout, Marston and Ricketts will part ways.
- Main article: Lucky in Love/dialogues
The mission will fail if the player:
- Cheats at poker or quits the game.
- Assaults or kills Landon Ricketts.
- Abandons the area.
- Assaults or kills Müller before the duel.
- Assaults or kills any of Müller's men before the duel.
- Assaults or kills livestock.
- Kills the Stranger's hostage.
- Fails to kill the Stranger during the duel.
- Strays too far from the mission location.
- Breaks the law.
- Kills a dog.
- Commits vandalism.
- Assaults or kills townsfolk.
New Game Elements Introduced
Mission Complete Unlockables
Tips & Tricks
- This level is an extremely good way to earn a Gold Medal, and the corresponding achievement:
- Go all-in on both bets to speed up the game
- . Shoot Müller in the head
- Shoot the Stranger in the head
- Shoot the Stranger's accomplices in the head. Some Dead-Eye will suffice for this.
- During the poker game, going all-in on both bets will most likely earn the player the achievement "High Roller". If not, simply restart the mission and try again. It's much easier this way than playing in the Blackwater High Stakes room.
- If the player looks under the table when the shot widens as Marston sits down, on Ricketts's right thigh is what seems to be a playing card. It is a cheat card since moments before, Ricketts is seen to be winning a lot of chips and later states he has already beaten Müller.
- When Marston says to Müller "As you wish, Germany. As you wish." this is most likely a reference to the movie The Princess Bride.
- After all the poker players and some other bystanders draw their guns and aim at each other, Müller says "There must be a name for this", which is a reference to the fact that they were in a "Mexican Standoff" in Mexico.
- No matter how many chips the player makes, the player will only get $50 from finishing the mission.
- Ricketts may sometimes say he knows the girl the stranger is holding hostage.
- Even if any of the players in the poker game are defeated, they will all still be playing in the cutscene after.
- It is possible for everyone during the poker game to fold on both rounds, meaning instant chips for the player.
- It seems as though Müller can only be defeated if the player kills him. If the player attempts to shoot Müller's weapon or non-lethal areas, the blue bar will hardly increase, regardless of how accurately timed and Müller will more than likely defeat the player.
- There is a glitch where, when taking cover, Marston will instantly fly up into the air and back down, killing him, and failing the mission.
Completing this mission contributes toward the following Trophy/Achievement:
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.