|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon you might ought'a mosey on down the road if you don't want to read any plot details.
“A red roan horse. Normal speed.”
The Lusitano is a two star rose grey horse. Like most two star horses, it has average speed, average stamina, and average health. The base price is $250.
- Note: prices listed on this page are based upon the player having neutral honor and playing the game on Normal difficulty. If the player has high honor, the selling price will be Increased by 50% everywhere except Thieves' Landing. Low Honor decreases selling price by 50% everywhere except Thieves' Landing. While playing the game on Hardcore difficulty, money is more scarce and the base, neutral honor price of each item will be slightly lower.
- The Lusitano is a famous Portuguese breed traditionally used in bullfighting. The coat color implies that this horse is a young "rose grey," in which the foal is born chestnut or bay and greys out to mature into a white color. A rose grey is different from the stereotypical "dapple grey" that the Tersk exhibits, where the foal is born black and greys out to white in time.
- After the mission The Last Enemy That Shall Be Destroyed, Jack Marston, after leaving his parent's graves, will walk to his horse which seems to look like a Lusitano. It is unknown why he uses this horse, since he uses a Standardbred Pinto in most of his missions with his father.
- The Lusitano is also quite similar to the Ardennais, but has a pale face.
- The Lusitano Nag can be unlocked in multiplayer, but its appearance is different than the single player Lusitano.
- The game describes it as a red roan. However, the red roan is a bay horse with a roan gene and gives the horse a reddish-brown color and always with black mane and tail.