Mescalero is a small Native American campsite south-east of Pike's Basin that includes several tepee and wigwam frames. A circle of stones is present in the center of the camp in the form of a Native American medicine wheel. Although the area was a Native American camp at one point, during the time of the game it has been abandoned.
- The site is a former Mescalero Apache camp that was abandoned long ago.
- When entering Mescalero, Marston might say "This place looks deserted", "What happened here", "This is creepy", "I wonder what went wrong", "I wonder what happened here," "Where is everyone","There must be someone here", "Looks like people left here in a hurry", and "Something isn't right here", much like he does at other deserted areas.
- The line of stones extending out from the medicine wheel points directly at the rising sun. Standing in the center of the wheel at sunrise, the player will see the sun rise exactly where the line of stones points.
- If the player follows the line of stones from the medicine wheel they will pass a large, semi-disassembled tepee. On the floor in the middle of it there is a vase that looks bronze or gold towards the handles. It is possible that this vase is the treasure that the mystery site is referring to.
- NPCs will occasionally comment on the area being a frequent spot for holdups and wagon thefts.
- Sometimes, in multiplayer, a cattle rustler from Pike's Basin may become separated from his comrades and end up in Mescelaro. From here, he may shoot players, despite the distance and hills in the way.
- Various campfires can be seen around despite this, the fires light them selves even though no one is there
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.