This outfit is attained upon purchasing the safehouse in Escalera.
The outfit is available from the start of the game. It is unavailable following the epilogue, "On a Pale Horse".
- The Mexican Poncho is somewhat inspired by the outfit worn by Clint Eastwood's Man with No Name character in Sergio Leone's Dollars Trilogy.
- It is impossible to obtain this poncho with no holes or tears, however, the Reyes' Rebels Outfit has an intact poncho with a different, darker design.
- A glitch may happen in cutscenes where Marstons arm may go through the poncho.
- When wearing the poncho as Jack Marston, the outfit shown beneath it is the same cowboy outfit John Marston wears.
- When sheathing the Hunting Knife, the weapon will appear to clip through the poncho.
Obtaining the Mexican Poncho contributes toward acquisition of the following Achievement/Trophy:
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.