Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Montana Ford's primary use is most likely for transporting herds of livestock between the New Austin and West Elizabeth territories, and is also simply another route for travelers who may not wish to make their journey by train or through Thieves' Landing. However, travel is restricted during certain times of the seasons by the river's water level and rate of flow, which can either be too deep or too wild for practical navigation. Players should watch out for the deep water.
- The Montana Ford is one of only a few places that allows travel into West Elizabeth; therefore, crossing of the stream is prevented by deep water until a certain point in the storyline is reached, at which point the stream becomes shallow, allowing traversal.
- The Montana Ford is also one of the only places where the player can cross water without drowning. Another place is at the waterfall by Aurora Basin, and Stillwater Creek
- Carts and Wagons are able to be driven across the river, but are slowed down by the water flow.
- Before West Elizabeth is unlocked, the Montana Ford is the only location where the player can hunt beavers although they are extremely rare.
- It is possible for the player to travel through here in the mission The Outlaw's Return and Old Friends, New Problems without mission failure.
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.