|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon you might ought'a mosey on down the road if you don't want to read any plot details.
Nekoti Rock is a location featured in Red Dead Redemption. It is a large mountain and major geographical feature in the Tall Trees region of the West Elizabeth territory. Nekoti Rock as the axis of Dutch's Gang is notable in the unfolding of the story and provides perhaps one of the more challenging Bounty Hunting locations for Marston in single player.
There is also a small cave located at the top of Nekoti Rock, which contains a treasure chest for the last Treasure Hunter Challenge. Nekoti Rock is a good place to complete the Lemming Award Stat challenges in multiplayer. There are a large amount of bears in this area, so caution is advised.
The landscape around Nekoti Rock consists of thick coniferous forest, snowy outcrops, and shallow, rugged plateaus. The peak of the mountain can be reached from the forests below via a twisting path. From the peak, it is possible to see huge distances and certain locations of the game world including the Great Plains, Blackwater, the territory of New Austin and even parts of Nuevo Paraíso far to the south.
Nekoti Rock features a large array of animals unique to the mountain landscape, some of which are large predatory mammals. Due to the presence of these creatures, Nekoti Rock serves as a useful locale for hunting the following:
- Beaver (hard to find)
- Skunk (occasionally)
- Songbird (occasionally)
- During the mission "Spare the Love, Spoil the Child", Jack Marston gets injured by a grizzly atop Nekoti Rock, the encounter leaves him facial scars which he bears in his adult life.
- Nekoti means "one" in the Central Algonquian Languages of Kickapoo, Sauk, and Shawnee.
- The cave on the top appears to be that of a bear's, with small piles of bones and skulls scattered throughout it. However no bear can be seen there, except for Brumas the Bear, as he appears to come out of the cave (except in multiplayer, when a bear may be rarely seen in the cave).
- A money chest is located inside the cave, containing around $15-25.
- Following the Stranger side-mission "Remember My Family", there seems to be a high number of Bounty Targets hiding in this location.
- It is not the highest reachable point of the game (there are a series of slopes leading up to the top of the mountain range above Cochinay and Nekoti Rock itself). It is, however, definitely the point that provides the best view in the game as places such as Blackwater and most of the Great Plains, including Beecher's Hope, can be seen from the summit.
- If the player stands outside the cave, they may see that it appears as if the snow is falling through the mountain and into the cave.
- Many patches of Violet Snowdrop can be found around the base of this area.
- This could be the cave that Seth is referring to in the mission Exhuming and Other Fine Hobbies.
- During the mission At Home With Dutch, Marston and Nastas enter a mine, once entered Nekoti Rock will display on the screen, it is possible that this mine is located directly behind the enterable cave at the top of the rock.
- xbox360 If standing in the cave, on the rock in the right hand side next to the chest with the pile of rocks on the top, with your head poking through the cave ceiling texture you can angle the camera through the texture and you will see fluorescent lime green trees with what looks like green light spreading from them over time - correct angling on the left side of the cave can do the same with a red and green hue spreading from the trees.[verified]
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.