The Obscuridad del Santo Andres is an item featured in Red Dead Redemption.
The Obscuridad del Santo Andres is given to Marston by a nun during a random encounter after the player reaches the highest honor level. It resembles a rosary and has the effect of reducing the chance for enemies to hit Marston with gunshots by 25%.
The nun will appear mostly in and around towns. Although this can occur anywhere, the event seems to have a higher probability of occurring in Las Hermanas. Please see the talk page for individual user experiences with obtaining the item.
- The word "Obscuridad" no longer exists in Spanish where replacing double-graphy "BS" by "S". It was replaced by "Oscuridad" (Darkness). This suggests that this item is very old as it was created and named before this change.
- Unlike the Bandolier, this cross doesn't show on the character.
- The player will lose this item if their honor drops below Drifter.
- Due to the name and description of the item, it may be a subtle reference to another game by Rockstar Games - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- Killing the nun before receiving the rosary may permanently hamper the player's chances at getting this rare item.
- This item can be obtained by both John and Jack Marston.
- The Holy Relic from Undead Nightmare reuses the image.