Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon you might ought'a mosey on down the road if you don't want to read any plot details.
To view the mission tree, see:
- Main article: Missions in Redemption/Tree
Bonnie asks John of his connection to Bill Williamson but John would rather not talk about that time, lest it bring trouble. Bonnie then insinuates that a city man like John must have some exotic secrets, but John responds saying "no city man". Bonnie then challenges him to a horse race, and afterward suggests that he see the Sheriff in Armadillo.
Before this mission becomes available, the player must complete:
To complete this mission, the player must:
- Mount up and meet Bonnie at the race starting point.
- Race Bonnie through the waypoints.
Race Bonnie. The player has to follow a path marked by beacons of smoke, which can also be seen on the radar map. The player may experience problems like being thrown from the horse if it's overworked or the horse turning by itself, so keep an eye on the blue stamina meter. Just follow the marks until the end. The mission does not fail if the player loses.
- Main article: Obstacles in Our Path/dialogues
Whether the player loses or wins the race, the reward is 20 fame.
The mission will fail if the player:
- Assaults Bonnie.
- Kills his own or Bonnie's horse.
- Gets too far behind Bonnie.
- Leaves MacFarlane's Ranch.
- Abandons the race.
- Breaks the law.
- Kills a dog.
- Commits vandalism.
- Assaults or kills townsfolk.
Mission Complete Unlockables
- Interestingly, apart from the three racing missions given to you during the story ("Obstacles in Our Path"; "Liars, Cheats and Other Proud Americans"; "The Sport of Kings, and Liars"), the opportunity to race never presents itself again in single player. However, racing is available in the Grand Prix multiplayer game mode as part of the Liars and Cheats DLC.
- It is somewhat difficult to beat Bonnie considering Marston's horse's low stamina, but it can be done. No extra bonus is rewarded for beating her.
- One way of beating her is pacing the use of spurs. This means the player's horse isn't over-worked and can run at a good speed for the duration of the race.
- The conversation will change depending on how the race is going, this means that there are two different speech tracks.
- Just before the second bridge, the player's horse may veer off to the side and off the cliff, killing both the horse and the player. This will only happen if the horse is running at top speed. Slower moving horses will not veer off.
- There is a bug at the end of this level. Once the player finishes, he will be stuck by the lamppost. Only the start button has a function.
- Although beating Bonnie is somewhat hard considering the horse's low stamina, when playing the Game of the Year Edition, beating Bonnie is easier since the player was given the War Horse in the previous mission.
- Immediately after the ending cutscene, John smokes a cigarette. This is the very first time that a Rockstar Games protagonist has ever smoked in-game.
- There is a cheat in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City that gives the protagonist a cigarette, but he does not smoke through the game using regular means.
Completing this mission contributes toward the following Trophy/Achievement:
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.