|Hold it right there, outlaw!|
This article is littered with spoilers, so I reckon you might ought'a mosey on down the road if you don't want to read any plot details.
To view the mission tree, see:
- Main article: Missions in Redemption/Tree
The Marstons receive a telegram from Bonnie MacFarlane. Abigail is suspicious and gets John Marston to read it aloud as she can't read. The telegram says that Bonnie needs corn urgently because all the harvest has been eaten by pests. Abigail points out that corn sacks are the only thing that haven't been stolen while they have been away thanks to Uncle's negligence. Abigail accompanies Marston on the ride to MacFarlane's Ranch using the ride to interrogate Marston about Bonnie. She appears to be very jealous and John points this out. Upon arriving, Abigail and Bonnie are introduced and develop an amiable first acquaintance while Marston and Amos unload the corn. When Marston and Abigail leave, Bonnie stands in the road looking after them. It seems she may have had feelings for Marston after all. Abigail is cheered immensely and she happily discusses things with Marston on the ride home.
Before this mission becomes available, the player must complete:
To complete this mission, the player must:
- Drive Abigail in the wagon to deliver the corn to the General Store at MacFarlane's Ranch.
- Drive Abigail home.
Another simple mission. Get in the cart and drive as fast as possible, as this mission is timed. Abigail will join John in the cart, as she wants to make sure John doesn't have a thing for Bonnie. The route goes through Thieves' Landing and over to MacFarlane's Ranch. Once there, Abigail and Bonnie will have a chat, while John gets some help from one of the ranch hands to unload the cart.
- Main article: Old Friends, New Problems/dialogues
The mission will fail if the player:
- Does not reach MacFarlane's ranch in time.
- Assaults Abigail, Jack, or Uncle.
- Kills his own horse.
- Kills the horses pulling the wagon.
- Crashes the wagon.
- Assaults any livestock.
- Strays too far from the mission location.
- Breaks the law.
- Kills a dog.
- Commits vandalism.
- Assaults townsfolk.
- This mission's name is a reference to the second mission of the story, "New Friends, Old Problems".
- In the cutscene in which Amos passes Bonnie when heading to the General Store, he greets her by saying "Ma'am". However the subtitles say "Howdy, miss".
- Instead of taking the marked route through Thieves Landing, the player can drive the wagon past The Pacific Union Railroad Camp and drive through the river at Montana Ford and make to Bonnie's ranch in half the time.
- John's line "Bill, Javier, Dutch. They're all dead. It don't get more over than that." confirms Javier Escuella's death even if John spares him in "The Gates of El Presidio", implying that he was indeed executed for his crimes sometime before this mission.
- John calls Abigail "Mrs. Marston" on the drive back home.
- This mission marks Bonnie Macfarlane's last in-game appearance.
Completing this mission contributes toward the following Trophy/Achievement:
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.