| Red Dead Redemption|
achievement and trophy
On the Trail of de Vaca
|Description||Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.|
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
- Visit General Stores in every region to find all maps. Also, the fold out map that came with the game shows every location in the game except for Cochinay which is located in the northernmost part of Tall Trees. There is a map that is needed from the gun store in Escalera; this map is not sold at the general store.
- After having bought/used all of the maps from the general stores, and the player still has only 44/45 for New Austin, there is one location that does not show up on the in-game maps. Open up the map and look to the west of Rio Bravo and one will see a cluster of rocks; this location is called Repentance Rock, and will not appear by just using the in-game maps.
- Sometimes you will be stuck at 44/45 in New Austin. If this happens, just head south from Thieves' Landing, follow the coast until you reach a location called "Old Bacchus Place". On the fold out map, this location is shown to be on the Nuevo Paraiso side of the San Luis River; it is actually on the New Austin side.
- Sometimes you will be stuck at 44/45 in New Austin. If this happens, and you've already searched the other locations suggested here, head south from Gaptooth Ridge and west from Solomon's Folly to find the Scratching Post. This location may not always be found by using the maps.
- A third New Austin location occasionally left of the maps is Warthington Ranch found in the west of Hennigan's Stead.
- Another location in New Austin that is left out as well of the maps is Plainview, southwest of Fort Mercer.
- Another New Austin location is Hamlin's Passing, a patch of land between Ridgewood Farm and Rathskeller Fork, east of the railway and the road.
- Yet another location that is left out the in-game maps is Plata Grande, an abandoned mine in Perdido, Nuevo Paraiso.
- Use the Social Club RDR 100% checklist. There is a map with all of the locations that have been visited and those that haven't in order to get this. However, this map has proven to not be entirely accurate. For instance, the game stats say that there are 17 locations in West Elizabeth, but when counting the actual points on the Social Club map, there are only 15. The game will sometimes count the last undiscovered area as 2 locations discovered.
- A map can be bought in the General Store of Manzanita Post.
- If you are missing Areas Discovered in West Elizabeth even after going to all West Elizabeth locations and buying all West Elizabeth maps, try buying a map in Hennigan's Stead (New Austin), Chuparosa (Perdido map), and also Armadillo (Gaptooth Ridge map and Cholla Springs).
- If you are missing a location in Nuevo Paraiso, try discovering Warthington Ranch, Cueva Seca and Del Lobo Rock in New Austin.
- If you're still missing one location in New Austin, try discovering Frontera Bridge, the bridge that connects New Austin to Nuevo Paraiso. It is located just south of Solomon's Folly.
- Another possible location in New Austin is Del Lobo Rock
- One more New Austin location sometimes left off of maps is Mescalero
- There is also another location between Tesoro Azul and Sidewinder Gulch called Plata Grande for Nuevo Paraiso.
- Occasionally Puerto Cuchillo will not appear even after purchasing the map in Escalera.
- The Trail of de Vaca refers to the Spanish explorer, Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca, who, in the early 16th century, charted much of what would eventually become the Southern United States and Northern Mexico, the gameplay region of Red Dead Redemption.