Outlaw Challenges are a class of multiplayer challenge under the Free Roam category. Each rank of each challenge requires the player to meet certain criteria related to bounties, becoming a Public Enemy, or being chased by a posse. When each rank is completed, the player earns XP and a title.
The challenges are divided into two series, Outlaw I and Outlaw II, as detailed below. Challenge tasks can be completed in public or private Free Roam sessions. Each rank of each challenge must be completed before moving on to the next rank.
The Outlaw I series of challenges is unlocked at multiplayer rank 11. There are three challenges in the series with three ranks each - Public Enemy, Bounty, and Survival, as detailed below.
Each rank of this challenge requires the player to become a Public Enemy a certain number of times.
|1||Become a Public Enemy.||250||Outlaw|
|2||Become a Public Enemy 10 times.||250||On the Run|
|3||Become a Public Enemy 50 times.||250||Career Criminal|
Each rank of this challenge requires the player to achieve an increasing level of Bounty.
|1||Gain a bounty of $500.||250||Bandito|
|2||Gain a bounty of $1000.||250||Renegade|
|3||Gain a bounty of $5000.||250||Enemy of the State|
- See the Bounty and Public Enemy articles for tips on gaining bounties and surviving.
- Bounties are easier to maintain in a Private Free Roam session where other players can't interfere. Friendly Free Roam can also be used, though other players can still interfere with the player's plans despite the "no kill" policy.
Each rank of this challenge requires the player to survive for an increasing amount of time while under constant pursuit by a posse.
|1||Stay alive for 3 minutes with a posse after you.||250||Running Man|
|2||Stay alive for 5 minutes with a posse after you.||250||Fleeing Felon|
|3||Stay alive for 7 minutes with a posse after you.||250||Maniac Militia Member|
- An easy way to do this is to get on top of the saloon in Armadillo and pick off a few people walking around. When the wanted meter starts to run out, simply fire a stray round or whistle and the wanted meter will be refilled without increasing bounty.
The Outlaw II series of challenges is unlocked at multiplayer rank 25. There are four challenges in the series - three with three ranks each (Outlaw Gang, Public Enemy Killer, and Public Enemy Kill Streak) and one with a single rank (Bounty Hunter), as detailed below.
- Main article: Outlaw II - Outlaw Gang Challenges
Public Enemy KillerEdit
- Main article: Outlaw II - Public Enemy Killer Challenges
Public Enemy Kill StreakEdit
- Main article: Outlaw II - Public Enemy Kill Streak Challenges
- Main article: Outlaw II - Bounty Hunter Challenge
The following trophies/achievements can be worked on in conjunction with the Outlaw Challenges.
Become a Public Enemy for 10 minutes and escape alive in a public Free Roam session.
|Red Dead Redemption Multiplayer|
|Game modes||Free Roam • Shootout • Gang Shootout • Grab the Bag • Hold Your Own • Gold Rush • Grand Prix • Stronghold • Land Grab • Undead Overrun • Co-op • Poker • Liar's Dice|
|Unlockables||Characters • Weapons • Mounts • Titles|
|Challenges||Free Roam • Weapon • PVP • Co-op • Gambling • Racing • Stronghold • Undead Overrun • Stat|
|Concepts||Gang Hideouts • Golden Guns • Outfitter • Posse • XP|