Pacific Union Railroad Camp is a location featured in Red Dead Redemption. It is a large settlement in the Tall Trees region of the West Elizabeth territory. A construction site for trains (a mainstay of transportation in the west) that travel throughout the entire map.
Red Dead RedemptionEdit
It seems that the railway company could very well be responsible for the burning of Native American settlements such as Bearclaw Camp in West Elizabeth. According to Leigh Johnson, one of the many problems he has is "the railway company, the people who pay my salary, trying to get me to turn a blind eye to them burning down settlements up there." On the other hand, the Pacific Union ("Blue train") does not run to Cholla Springs, Johnson's jurisdiction.
In the Undead Nightmare DLC pack, this is one of 23 locations that must be cleared of the Undead and then protected from re-infestation thereafter. Once the town is safe, the player will obtain the Rolling Block Rifle.
With the camp overrun and most of the workers devoured, only Willis Lassiter, Shep Gaston, and Fletcher King were able to climb to safety. Defending the settlement from the ravenous hordes, they await saving. Once the undead are gone, they will often be found sitting nearby the TNT.
The camp itself is a bustling center for meeting people. Routinely, riders pass by along with trains in the upper steppes. Arm Wrestling is an activity which can be found here, as well as a lesser-used train depot at which the player may pay off any current bounties in the United States.
Barrels and crates of TNT can be found scattered around various locations on the camp; there is also a money chest on the train platform, and a further three money chests in the tents at the campsite.
- Many Boars can be found around the camp.
- The Pacific Union Railroad Company is a play on the real-world Union Pacific Railroad, which was one of two companies (the other being Central Pacific Railroad) that joined their rail systems at Promontory Summit, Utah, in 1869, creating the first transcontinental railroad in the United States.
- Rufus, or a dog with the same model, can be seen here sometimes.
- When wearing the U.S. Marshal Outfit, you cannot participate in the arm wrestling activity in the camp.
- If the player brings a Native American into the camp, preferably hogtied, they will be shot or beaten. This also is known to happen in Thieves' Landing and even MacFarlane's Ranch.
- Some players have reported being unable to arm-wrestle at this location. It seems that running up to the table and climbing up on the platform can spook the workers, who will then run off. It's better to walk normally and use the stairs that lead up to the platform.
- A cheat code can be found written on the back of a train car here that will unlock the U.S. Army Uniform, U.S. Marshal Outfit, and the Bureau Uniform.
- This is the only place in multiplayer where a train can be found, though it is non-interactable.
- The clock outside the train station renders the Roman numeral four as IIII instead of IV.
- According to rumors around West Elizabeth, the camp is going out of business.
- Late at night, upon standing near the campfire, a man can be observed playing the harmoinca.
- A Rattlesnake may spawn inside the camp and kill an inhabitant. Shooting the snake may cause hostilities among nearby witnesses. Typically, killing the assailant will not trigger a bounty. A nearby lawman, such as Wesley Hubbard, may also engage the shooter and kill them.
- Pacific Union Railroad Camp is the one of the five non gang hideout that the player can sleep in when playing Undead Nightmare but not in the regular Red Dead Redemption campaign.The 2nd one is El Presidio, the 3rd one is Las Hermanas, the 4th one is Torquemada, and the 5th one is the Old Bacchus Place.
Red Dead RedemptionEdit
Uncover every location on the map in Single Player.
Attain 100% List in the singleplayer game completion list.
Have every territory saved at the same time during the Undead Nightmare
Attain 100% Game Completion statistic in Undead Nightmare.