–Phillip Ross to Jack Marston
Phillip Ross is the brother of Edgar Ross. In 1914, Phillip was out duck hunting with his brother after Edgar had retired from working for the Bureau of Investigation. Edgar leaves Phillip in camp when he goes downriver to hunt, so Phillip encounters Jack Marston first. Ignorant of Jack's intentions and truly believing he was delivering a letter, Phillip reveals his brother's location, which leads to Edgar's death.
Jack meets Phillip on the way to Edgar's location, and they have a short conversation.
- Phillip can be killed without failing the mission, though it will take away honor unless the player is wearing the bandana.
- Phillip can be killed by wolves. Ironically, though he says he is a good hunter, he is taken down without a fight.
- If Phillip is attacked by wolves, there is a possibility he will begin shooting at (and possibly kill) the player.
- Phillip has a very similar face to Wesley Hubbard a lawman who is usually found in West Elizabeth.
- There is a glitch that when Edgar Ross is killed, Phillip will come running and will start shooting at Jack.
- He has the exact same outfit as Mel Thaxton, albeit recolored.