|Scientific Name||Sus scrofa domesticus|
|Location|| Thieves' Landing|
The Pig is a domesticated animal found in Red Dead Redemption. They are a genus of even-toed ungulates within the family Suidae. Most were domesticated and used as a source of food (e.g. bacon, pork) at the time of Redemption.
In Red Dead Redemption, pigs can be found in the following locations:
- Backyard of the pig farm on the way into Blackwater heading north (possibly only after completing the main story).
- Cochinay, upon completing "And The Truth Will Set You Free".
- Thieves' Landing, in a pen next to the player's safe house. There are always at least two pigs here. Killing pigs here does not result in a bounty, but the owner will shoot at the player.
- Warthington Ranch, located near MacFarlane's Ranch.
- Free roaming pigs around Rathskeller Fork.
- Pigs gray and pink can also be find at Beecher's Hope before the mission "By Sweat and Toil" starts.
- Butchered pigs are found hanging in markets and slaughterhouses in Escalera, Blackwater, Chuparosa, El Matadero, and Thieves' Landing. These are simply part of the atmosphere of the game.
- There are two colors of pig, pink and gray.
- In the game, the pigs will exhibit natural behaviors, including rolling around in mud.
- Killing a pig at Cochinay may cause a glitch to occur, during which soldiers of the Mexican Army proceed to attack the player despite the fact that the player is in the United States.
- In the pig pen at Conchinay, there is a moderately useful glitch for infinitely respawning pigs. Killing the pigs with a knife and skinning them will often cause more to spawn. If they cease spawning, the player should move to the corner of the pen and rotate their camera a few times. They should begin to respawn once more. In extreme cases, the player should leave the area, wait or save, and then return. This can prove very profitable if the player sells the meat.
- The player is not required to kill a pig in order to achieve the Unnatural Selection achievement.
- There is a glitch at Warthington Ranch where if you fire a gun near the pigs they will make a beeline through the gates out of the pens and escape into the wild.