Prairie Poppies (Callirhoe involucrata) are a vendible good in Red Dead Redemption. They are a type of plant that the player can harvest and sell to merchants for money, or can be used by the player to create other valuable and useful items such as medicines and for Undead bait in Undead Nightmare.
Prairie Poppies are little yellow flowers on top of tiny green bushes. They are very easy to miss anytime, though your chances of spotting them are better throughout the day when the sun is high. It makes the green really pop out in the sea of brown that is the plains.
- Note: prices listed on this page are based upon the player having neutral honor and playing the game on Normal difficulty. If the player has high honor, the selling price will be Increased by 50% everywhere except Thieves' Landing. Low Honor decreases selling price by 50% everywhere except Thieves' Landing. While playing the game on Hardcore difficulty, money is more scarce and the base, neutral honor price of each item will be slightly lower.
They are scattered around the eastern and south sides of the Great Plains, particularly on the southern side of the railroad tracks. They are in especially great abundance along the telegraph poles/wires running north-south past Broken Tree and the road that runs through the words "Broken Tree" on the map.
Red Dead Redemption
- 12 Prairie Poppies are needed to complete the Survivalist Challenge Rank 8.
- 2 additional Prairie Poppy must be gathered to complete Survivalist Challenge Rank 10.
- 1 Prairie Poppy can be combined with 1 Wild Feverfew to make Undead Bait, but only after beginning the Survivor mission "A Cure for Most of What Ails You".
- Acquiring Undead Bait for Landon Ricketts is an essential component to completing the Survivor mission "Biographies and Lies"
Obtain Legendary rank in any Single Player Ambient Challenge.
Attain 100% in the Single Player Game Completion stat.