Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rockstar Advanced Game Engine (RAGE), is a game engine created by a small team called the "RAGE Technology Group" at the video game developer Rockstar San Diego with contributions by Rockstar North. Rockstar developed the engine to facilitate game development on the PC, PlayStation 3, Wii, and Xbox 360 consoles. RAGE evolved from the Angel Game Engine developed by Rockstar San Diego for use in the sixth generation console era versions of the Midnight Club series and other Rockstar San Diego games.
Prior to RAGE, Rockstar mostly used Criterion Games' RenderWare engine to develop various game titles, including the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC installments of the Grand Theft Auto franchise. The PSP versions and later ports of the Grand Theft Auto 'Stories' games however were built on RAGE. Development of RAGE was a reaction to the acquisition of Criterion by video game conglomerate Electronic Arts. Rockstar chose not to license the RenderWare engine due to concern over the information gathering clause in EA's license agreement.
- Rockstar Games presents Table Tennis (Xbox 360, Wii), 2006
- Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360, PS3, PC), 2008
- Midnight Club: Los Angeles (PS3, Xbox 360), 2008
- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (Xbox 360, PS3, PC), 2009
- Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360, PS3), 2010
- Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC),
- Agent (PS3), 2010
- Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, PC), 2013-2015