Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rabbits are small, non-threatening animals that will tend to flee from the player. In one of the first missions, John Marston must help Bonnie MacFarlane kill rabbits that have been eating her garden.
- Numerous Rabbits and Raccoons can be found running through the graveyard at Odd Fellow's Rest at night.
- They can be found in the plains of Armadillo and other grassy, scrub-like areas.
- Rabbits are most common around The Hanging Rock just north of Armadillo, where they are most often seen at around 6pm.
- Rabbits can also be found to the road that leads south of Warthington Ranch, along the river. They appear to be along the road in the morning (8:30am onwards).
- They can be found in certain rooms of the Tumbleweed mansion.
- They are also around Marston's house in the evening.
- One bullet from any weapon kills a rabbit due to its small size, however steadying a shot is the difficult part, as they don't tend to stand still.
- Rabbits also run away from a speeding horse or someone who is running. It is recommended to walk slowly or crouch while searching for them.
- As small animals, rabbits are easily obliterated; even shotguns have to be used at medium range to leave a carcass, and most rifles will destroy a rabbit at any range.
- The best weapons to hunt rabbits are the revolvers/pistols or Throwing Knife.
- The "rabbit" in RDR is the jackrabbit of the American Southwest; technically, however, the jackrabbit is not a rabbit but a hare.
- The Jackalope is exactly the same thing as a rabbit, except it has Buck antlers, and its running animation's speed is increased.
- Rabbits do not appear in Undead Nightmare.
The player must kill a rabbit to successfully complete the following achievement:
Kill every animal species in the game in any game mode.
Obtain 100% game completion