Rabbits are small, non-threatening animals that will tend to flee from the player. In one of the first missions, John Marston must help Bonnie MacFarlane kill rabbits that have been eating her garden.
- Numerous Rabbits and Raccoons can be found running through the graveyard at Odd Fellow's Rest at night.
- They can be found in the plains of Armadillo and other grassy, scrub-like areas.
- Rabbits are most common around The Hanging Rock just north of Armadillo, where they are most often seen at around 6pm.
- Rabbits can also be found to the road that leads south of Warthington Ranch, along the river. They appear to be along the road in the morning (8:30am onwards).
- They can be found in certain rooms of the Tumbleweed mansion.
- They are also around Marston's house in the evening.
- One bullet from any weapon kills a rabbit due to its small size, however steadying a shot is the difficult part, as they don't tend to stand still.
- Rabbits also run away from a speeding horse or someone who is running. It is recommended to walk slowly or crouch while searching for them.
- As small animals, rabbits are easily obliterated; even shotguns have to be used at medium range to leave a carcass, and most rifles will destroy a rabbit at any range.
- The best weapons to hunt rabbits are the revolvers/pistols or Throwing Knife.
- The "rabbit" in RDR is the jackrabbit of the American Southwest; technically, however, the jackrabbit is not a rabbit but a hare.
- The Jackalope is exactly the same thing as a rabbit, except it has Buck antlers, and it's running animations speed is increased.
- Rabbits do not appear in Undead Nightmare.
The player must kill a rabbit to successfully complete the following achievement:
Kill every animal species in the game in any game mode.
Obtain 100% game completion